New Wave Toys Black Light Friday Sales

sramirez2008

22 minutes ago, RickR said:

That looks awesome!  Do you have one?  I'm looking for an honest opinion on these before I buy please. 

I have their Asteroids Replicade and I’m very happy with it. Yes the buttons are small, but I can actually play it and it looks/plays/sounds like the coin-op. Missile Command uses their latest screen and it seems to have received mixed results from some YouTubers. To their credit, they address it in the Missile Command FAQ. I can only recommend Asteroids as this is the only Replicade that I have purchased. I have to admit that I’m considering Missile Command at the $99 price.

IMG_2223.png

Edited by sramirez2008

4 minutes ago, RickR said:

Oh man, I didn't know about the free shipping.  While I'm glad I didn't buy earlier...but now it's even MORE tempting!  Will power, Rick.  We can do this.  Don't give in! 

yeah, I just put one in the cart and wanted to see if they charged WA sales tax, and no they don't, so it's $100 shipped -- as much as I'd like one, I'm not gonna do it 😂 Where did this sense of fiscal responsibility suddenly come from???

I own three of New Wave's replicades and they are all excellent! The first one I bought was their Tempest. I bought it during PRGE 2018 I think it was or possibly 2019. I just remember how tricky it was to get it to fit into my luggage safely for the return trip home.

I also own their Dragon's Lair and Space Ace cabinets. Both of those are excellent and even better since the HDMI outputs allow me to legally play the games in their arcade form with a nice controller (I used my PS4 controllers connected via USB to them), on the much bigger screen in the living room.

I think the only other one they have released that I sort regret not getting was the Q*Bert. They even added a small solenoid knocker on it to simulate when Coily or Q*Bert fall off the playfield just like the arcade cabinet did.

They recently had Ghosts n Goblins and a Ghouls n Ghosts cabinets that sold out pretty quickly, but I was never a huge fan of those games really.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I forgot to mention that Missile Command went on sale for Black Friday and...wait...for...it, I purchased it.

I saw that same sale and almost bought it too....but didn't.  I can't blame you though.  It is so tempting. 

I'm sure you'll love it. 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:48 PM, sramirez2008 said:

I forgot to mention that Missile Command went on sale for Black Friday and...wait...for...it, I purchased it.

It has arrived and promptly received a spot on the top shelf. These are of course show pieces more than anything, but like with Asteroids, I have to say that it sounds and plays very well. I wasn’t expecting the trak-ball to work as well as it does. New Wave has done a nice with this series and I’m happy with the two that I have.

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2379.jpeg

IMG_2380.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008