Interesting Vehicles from Afar

Atari 5200 Guy

These cars are awesome and don't get me started.  Once you start looking into the micro vans and trucks, your imagination will go wild.  Example:  Delica vans.  Stout yet tiny and AWD, these things are really cool for off roading.  Parts and enhancements are readily available too.

rNQ51AmE-5NQZ9a07HY-(edit).jpg?t=1662117

The main issue for me with a lot of these Japanese origin cars is the right-hand drive.  I think it would be really hard to live with. 

Edited by RickR

Most people’s dream cars are Lambos and Ferrari.  This is mine:

IMG_1904.jpeg.2d5ae1e41b58e064292812fa15120694.jpeg

Mom and I are huge Nissan fans. The car in the picture is of course a Skyline.  And if I know my Mother she would have loved one like me.  It has her written all over it.  That particular Skyline is the one I start with in the Gran Turismo games when I can find them.  They’re fast even when stock.  Beautiful cars.

7 hours ago, RickR said:

These cars are awesome and don't get me started.  Once you start looking into the micro vans and trucks, your imagination will go wild.  Example:  Delica vans.  Stout yet tiny and AWD, these things are really cool for off roading.  Parts and enhancements are readily available too.

rNQ51AmE-5NQZ9a07HY-(edit).jpg?t=1662117

The main issue for me with a lot of these Japanese origin cars is the right-hand drive.  I think it would be really hard to live with. 

Not really. A guy who delivered my mail when I lived in Arkansas imported a Subaru wagon.  I asked him and he said it wasn’t really that difficult.  

And too late on getting you started.  That thing reminds me of Stompers.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

Ok.  I have to share this because you don’t see these this old look this good here in the states. Ready for this?

IMG_1905.jpeg.95f743a906e5e8a70831ed2ef5b06645.jpeg

‘98 Mustang with under 2,000 miles. How is that even possible?  I’m not usually a Ford person.  I don’t have anything against them other than the two I owned crapped on me no matter what I did to care for them.  But I’d own this.  This is one nice pony.

Ok.  Last one for me.  I’m not sure but this…

IMG_1907.jpeg.7ef3b691b98da4b02b4bff677ba8fbdb.jpeg

is a Sunny but almost looks like a Sentra to me.  Only 6,000 km on it.  I take it Japanese don’t go far?  Also…they believe in starving their cars apparently.  Almost everyone I’ve looked at the gas gauge is on empty.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I always found the Facel Vega quite fascinating. There were two generations that were in my mind distinct. It's not so far east that it's from Japan, just France:

th?id=OIP.bW26XuVqrAYK3C_9tUeNvAHaE8%26p

th?id=OIP.hNiAc7_zT6WuEDmUr8r14AHaE7%26p

th?id=OIP.S75WaJdjTjgUz4OYR_CCbgHaFj%26p

th?id=OIP.W4-kh8Q8OS4R8MN79M-bKAHaEK%26p

th?id=OIP.pYVUxMu-BBuVz-J9hKkwiwHaFi%26p

16267789168_e5b3b82e9a_b.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&

France is still afar in my book.

I like the looks of the second image even though all that appears to be different are the headlights.  Cool looking car.  It even says “excellence”. 

Post what you find you like.  I mean, seriously.  I know while we were all playing Atari at some point we dreamed about our favorite cars and trucks.  So  it’s show and tell time.  

I just post Japanese cars because of how very different the cars and trucks there are treated compared to here.  Unlike here, however, if I read it right, taxes increase a bit in Japan once a vehicle reaches 10 years of age. They also will not let you own a car if you don’t own or rent a parking spot close to your residence.  

Did you know China still makes the Cavalier?