Come Play Games With Us!

Rowsdower70

My wife and I are fairly avid PC gamers.   I know some of you have added me on Steam.  We would really love more folks to come hang out and play games with us!

We have had an active Mumble server (voice chat) for years.   It has 11 slots that rarely get used!  On the weekends we use it for hosting our Roll20.net Dungeons & Dragons games (of course you are all welcome to join those as well) but the rest of the time we use it to play multi-player games together.

Our interests are varied, so we play anything from Diablo style RPGs, to co-op First Person shooters, to grand strategy games (Civ, Master of Orion, etc), to board games (Talisman, Smallworld, AAA).  We also play some voxel based survival games like Minecraft and 7 Days to Die.  Sometimes we even watch movies together, which is a blast.

Heck if you just want a place to go hang out and chat, we're usually there on weeknights until 9pm or so, and later on weekends.

You can download mumble here:  http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php

If you have any questions, you can post here or PM me.   Also once you get mumble installed, let me know and I will PM you the info on our server and how to get connected.  It's super easy!

There's only 2, sometimes 3 other people that show up to hang out so its not a big group by any means.   We would really love to have a few more folks hang out!

nerds1.jpg

NERDS!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

LOL.  Now if you had Minecraft on 360 I might be interested.  As it stands I have Steam but I don't have those games.  I just recently picked up a Railroad Tycoon package deal from them during their rather short summer sale.  Of course I play games but it's mostly of the non-online gaming on the PC.  Add me on Steam and I'll see what I can come up with in the future.  I go by the same name there as I do here.

Would love to hook up with you guys, soon.

My Steam sig is (almost) same as here (sans Atari tag, for legal and egalitarian reasons).

But my work schedule is irregular and I end up having scant, precious little time to myself, on weekdays.

Currently occupying my weekends with a film fest.

All this to say, I'm up for it, if not long hours, and at random times, and I might not be wearing pants (it's summer after all).

Hope we get an active live gaming community hub out of all this.

Would be great!

Wait a minute? They still make games!?!?!?!

Actually, if I actually played a lot on the computer, I'd do this, but as it is I think I have some steam games I bought years ago and never even downloaded  :unsure:

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I use a cheap USB headset I got on ebay for around 10 buck shipped.   Yes, it would work best.  I generally pipe my game sounds into my actual speakers and the voice chat in my headset, which is easy to manage.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Gimme some game titles and I'll look at them.  I might even download a few.  

Just add "Rowsdower70" on Steam and take a peek at my list.   I have 118 games on the list to choose from, and am game for more! :)

That's why I grabbed 'Atari Vault' on Steam, what with the 2600 multiplayer possibilities and all.

Haven't looked into it much. I think someone has to create a lobby, friends gotta be online, and someone has to put a pizza in the middle of the room to get people to notice.

But this is truly the coolest use of technology, something like we envisioned the future would look like back in the 80s.

"Some day...we'll be able to play any games, at any time in our living room...and we'll hook up with friends way across town, in their living room"

- "And games will be like real-live action, like Mad Dog McCree!"

"Yeah! And we'll be playing *all* the Atari games! And we'll play two-player games like Combat, anytime we want!"

-"Combat?! uh..."

"All the tank action, every day!"

-"I gotta go now...bye"

"Sweet, sweet biplanes across the sky...

The dream is alive!

Man...you have Borderlands 2 on Steam!  Too bad you don't have that one on 360.  Games with Gold gave us the first one, I bought a digital copy of the second one from Amazon, wife picked up the third one at Wal-Mart.  A month later we went back to Wal-Mart and seen the triple pack with all three games and all DLC for the series...for $30.  It went home with us that day.  We are Borderland gamers!  It's an awesome series.  I hope to see Battleborn sometime soon.

Man...you have Borderlands 2 on Steam!  Too bad you don't have that one on 360.  Games with Gold gave us the first one, I bought a digital copy of the second one from Amazon, wife picked up the third one at Wal-Mart.  A month later we went back to Wal-Mart and seen the triple pack with all three games and all DLC for the series...for $30.  It went home with us that day.  We are Borderland gamers!  It's an awesome series.  I hope to see Battleborn sometime soon.

As you can see, I have MANY, MANY hours on Borderlands 2!     I love it, one of my favorite game series of all time.   

The Pre-Sequel had its flaws, but its a heckuva lot of fun too.   I can't WAIT for part 3!

EDIT:  I loved the first Borderlands too, even though it had the worst ending EVER.   General Knox's DLC was awesome!

The wife and I have not beat the first one yet so ... shhhh ... no spoilers ;)

We've beat 2 and are currently working back through the game in vault-hunter mode.  We also completed everything in the Pre-Sequel before we got the extra add-ons.  And I haven't found a 360 game yet that doesn't have flaws.  I've literally got stuck in the first borderlands when my character walked off the edge of a cliff.  I couldn't jump or move or anything.  I had to restart the game.  And there's no telling how many flaws we've found in Sniper Elite V2.  I'm still finding them once in a while.

Maybe someday I will invest in the Borderlands on PC so I can play along.  That's one game I don't mind investing in for any console or computer.  Hey...someone needs to make that game for the Atari home computers!

The wife and I have not beat the first one yet so ... shhhh ... no spoilers ;)

We've beat 2 and are currently working back through the game in vault-hunter mode.  We also completed everything in the Pre-Sequel before we got the extra add-ons.  And I haven't found a 360 game yet that doesn't have flaws.  I've literally got stuck in the first borderlands when my character walked off the edge of a cliff.  I couldn't jump or move or anything.  I had to restart the game.  And there's no telling how many flaws we've found in Sniper Elite V2.  I'm still finding them once in a while.

Maybe someday I will invest in the Borderlands on PC so I can play along.  That's one game I don't mind investing in for any console or computer.  Hey...someone needs to make that game for the Atari home computers!

The DLCs from part 1 are all great (except Moxxi's Dome which is only so so at best), the DLCs from BL 2 are excellent, although I haven't done all the holiday mini-episodes, The DLC for PreSequel is meh.  The Claptrap one is decent.

My favorite is Tiny Tina's DLC from BL2, just amazing stuff there. 

Archived