Sign in to follow this  
DeLorean

Squad Challenge - Space Invaders (Atari 2600)

Haha, exactly Rick! Big points, but a big risk! I've been trying to use the shields, instead of them screwing me up. I thought about it at work all day ( I know it's sad) and this was my 2nd attempt tonight. What a great way to revisit one of the greatest games ever!! I've spent more time playing Space Invaders in 2 days than I have in years!!

Honestly, I've never been a huge Space Invaders fan (gasp!).  I think maybe it's because I got into Atari a bit later than most, so it seemed "old" to me as a kid.  I will say that game 8 is no joke - I had no idea Space Invaders could be so tough.  After more tries than I'd care to mention, I made it to the third round of invaders with this score - I can't imagine getting to the 4th wave but I'm certainly going to try!

Also, it's not weird that I have 4 different label variations of this game, is it?  You guys understand, right?

post-923-0-30628100-1470433606_thumb.jpg

I tried for the high score today. I didn't do very well though. Here's a video of my attempt:

Sorry for the sound quality. I'm still trying to figure things out. I wanted the game to be quieter than my voice.

those were some great first tries ... I was in chat when this squad started & people were getting 25 point scores & I thought " this can't be THAT bad" ... 

... needless to say my start button has been getting a good workout :rofl:

if you can clear either left or right side they will descend on you at a slower pace ( I have been actually leaving ONE guy on upper left just to clear the moving barricades.

your expressions as you play are great & looking forward to more of the same :)