Arcade USA

Willie!

@Willie!

I gotta ask you about the MV screen replacement. I also did this last week and I gotta tell you. For it being such a small thing to do, it took me well over an hour to get everything lined up right on that damn thing before it was showing all the segments. Even then half of one column is still a bit flaky and requires a little massaging around the screen to get it to come too. I can see there was some serious editing in your vid on this, so...did you have any issues getting it to all work at first? I even reached out to the guy on PM because I found out that my main issues were due to how severe the warp was in the top middle of my LCD tray for the screen. In the end what I had to do, was coat each pad on the MV mainboard with a little solder and then clean it all up with solder braid. Clean with de-ox-it and alcohol to essentially restore the pad surfaces. Then, I had to lightly hold it all together and use a spuger to push the side zebra strip close to the screen as it kept wanting to 'walk' towards the far edge. I also had to use the replacement side zebra strip as the original wasn't making good contact at all anymore. In the end I got there, but many was it ever more of a pain than it had any right to be for something so damn simple to do.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

4 hours ago, CrossBow said:

@Willie!

I gotta ask you about the MV screen replacement. I also did this last week and I gotta tell you. For it being such a small thing to do, it took me well over an hour to get everything lined up right on that damn thing before it was showing all the segments. Even then half of one column is still a bit flaky and requires a little massaging around the screen to get it to come too. I can see there was some serious editing in your vid on this, so...did you have any issues getting it to all work at first? I even reached out to the guy on PM because I found out that my main issues were due to how severe the warp was in the top middle of my LCD tray for the screen. In the end what I had to do, was coat each pad on the MV mainboard with a little solder and then clean it all up with solder braid. Clean with de-ox-it and alcohol to essentially restore the pad surfaces. Then, I had to lightly hold it all together and use a spuger to push the side zebra strip close to the screen as it kept wanting to 'walk' towards the far edge. I also had to use the replacement side zebra strip as the original wasn't making good contact at all anymore. In the end I got there, but many was it ever more of a pain than it had any right to be for something so damn simple to do.

@CrossBow

It took me a couple of tries.  I got lucky and my plastic tray was not warped.  The only problem I had was keeping the single connector (not the Z one) from falling out due to my flubbely hands :P.  Overall it took me about 30 minutes to do the whole mod.   The latest one I just did with the Backlight my tray had a slight warp where I had to add extra spacers.  It worked the first time I put it together 🙂   The pictorial guide online helped quite a bit.

Edited by Willie!

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512