JungleQuest for Atari 8-bit Work-In-Progress for July 31, 2022.

peteym5

Jungle Quest For Atari 8-bit Work in Progress For July 31, 2022. Some Progress has been made with the game after many years. Now have the main character running around and climbing ladders. Collision Detection works. You may post your comments here or on Atari.IO for a quick response from myself or Video61. Posting on that other Atari forum will not get a response from me there, but on here or Atari.IO. To respond to an earlier comment, the reason why this game had been put aside for many years is that I had been busy with many other Atari game projects. Also, when I decided to come back here, I decided to revamp the programming with all the techniques I learned after putting this game aside. It did take me some time to port over my player/missile multiplexer and align with the scrolling action. 

Latest Jungle Quest Work-in-Progress video. I have the moving platforms working in the game that is using animated font characters. This is one of the things I am adding to make the game different from Pittfall. I am planning on many more additions and changes. If anyone would like to see something in the game, please comment below.

"Jungle Quest" Work In Progress Video for August 8, 2022. Have Animated Sprites working and aligning with the scrolling properly. Also, able to jump onto platforms, and you move with the platform. I am posting this here on Facebook and on Atari.IO for feedback as I develop the game. I am working on making this game more different from the Pitfall games. I am already using moving platforms and using different animals. I have more additions that I am developing, but also refining the current game. I started this game around 2007, posted on a popular forum, starting with a thread "looking to make an Atari Game" That was before I was personally contacted to work with Video61 to produce the games on cartridge. I got side tracked and convinced to make some different cartridge games. Jungle Quest was designed to show what can the Atari 8-bit can do. It was my answer to the Commodore 64 vs Atari 8-bit battle that raged on with another Atari forum.

A little word on the history, I accidentally lost a version I was working on about 10 years ago because I accidentally had a parameter incorrect with a program I used to change my hard drive partitions around. I only retrieved a less developed version from a backup. I was using CDRWs at the time. Those were junk. Glad we have USB Flash and SD drives now. Much more reliable.

Edited by peteym5

This is the latest development of Jungle Quest (current working title.) Work In Progress for August 30, 2022. Major improvements and Additions since last posted video upload. Have Moving Platforms, Animated Gems, Lava, Spikes functional inside the game. Shows Keys and other items that will be interacting with. Can climb sideways on the ropes and move on the platforms when you stand on them. Fire Idols that will activate periodically. What you see here is a work in progress, and changes are being made frequently. I really want to make a fun and challenging game for the 8-bit.

https://youtu.be/AiiHpYXJvWQ Jungle Quest for Atari 8-bit Work in Progress, October 5, 2022. Been working on this game periodically over the last month. I made some progress with collecting objects and displaying on the scoreboard at the top. It can also collect keys and open doors. You need a specific key to open a matching door.