Help I have a game that has a different box to any I see online

lucca777

On 7/2/2023 at 9:35 AM, lucca777 said:

Hello I'm trying to sell my collection I have a game called laser blast in a green box when I search laser blast anywhere I can't find this green copy I have only found in orange does anyone else have this game

Screenshot_20230703_000552_Messages.jpg

hi guys,

that is a knock off from Taiwan. jack seized them at the ports every time he could. then he sent them off to me. you have a very collectable one there. i did not see many of those come through my place.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

27 minutes ago, Video 61 said:

hi guys,

that is a knock off from Taiwan. jack seized them at the ports every time he could. then he sent them off to me. you have a very collectable one there. i did not see many of those come through my place.

lance

www.atarisales.com

Thanks for the info I'm still confused who Jack is 🤣 I guess it's off to the auction? Or would there be a buy now price you could suggest? 😁👍🏼 

Maybe it was by Jone Yuan Telephonic Enterprise Co produced a clone of the 2600 in Taiwan

Edited by lucca777

2 hours ago, Video 61 said:

hi guys,

lance

www.atarisales.com

Thanks for clearing this up @Video 61! I had a feeling these were the ones 😀

1 hour ago, lucca777 said:

I'm still confused who Jack is 🤣

@lucca777 Jack Tramiel, Commodore founder who acquired Atari from Warner Communications in 1984:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Tramiel

2 hours ago, Video 61 said:

jack seized them at the ports every time he could. then he sent them off to me.

@lucca777 These were counterfeit items, which were often seized at ports of entry into the United States, and then sent to the person or company that owned the rights to that item to dispose of. (Which was Atari in many cases of counterfeit video games during that time.) Jack Tramiel chose not to destroy the counterfeit games but to send them to official Atari distributors including Lance at @Video 61. I had never heard this story until @Video 61 shared this with me fairly recently.

5 hours ago, Justin said:

@lucca777 Jack Tramiel, Commodore founder who acquired Atari from Warner Communications in 1984:

@lucca777 These were counterfeit items, which were often seized at ports of entry into the United States, and then sent to the person or company that owned the rights to that item to dispose of. (Which was Atari in many cases of counterfeit video games during that time.) Jack Tramiel chose not to destroy the counterfeit games but to send them to official Atari distributors including Lance at @Video 61. I had never heard this story until @Video 61 shared this with me fairly recently.

And lance says he didn't see to many on his end you guys are legends I may put it up for auction worldwide see how it goes. Thanks for all the information guys. 

13 hours ago, lucca777 said:

Hey I liked your led mod you did! This is interesting because it's the taiwan Cooper version but that copy on the database is orange as well! 

Thank you.  I normally don't like to modify my systems because I prefer to keep them as original as possible but it was just an LED and the original one was getting hard to see. I decided to put a color.changing LED in there.  Its pretty cool to watch it cycle from red to blue to green to purple and so on.

47 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Thank you.  I normally don't like to modify my systems because I prefer to keep them as original as possible but it was just an LED and the original one was getting hard to see. I decided to put a color.changing LED in there.  Its pretty cool to watch it cycle from red to blue to green to purple and so on.

Yes and you can all ways replace it with a red led later on. Yes I will be trying for high scores hope to see you around. I'm selling this I have 2 orange copies I can still play open to offers. Are rare lvl 10 games on Atariboxed worth anything? I have 7 lvl 10 carts (you can check my other post) 

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

Wow, someone who honestly says, "They don't know Jack..." 😁

Honestly the comment about a ship and jack I thought he was saying I got it off a pirate Jack Sparrow 😅. Thought he was trolling me until lance cleared it up. I have no clue about Atari I have played a lot when I was a child

Edited by lucca777

18 hours ago, Justin said:

hi justin,

thanks!

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

1 hour ago, lucca777 said:

@Video 61 could this be ntsc? My version is blue 

IMG_20230706_235146.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_094439_YouTube.jpg

hi,

hard to say. some i have seen are pal, secam, and north american. many of these companies were shadowy, and dissappeared rapidly.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

5 minutes ago, lucca777 said:

@Video 61

Oh so most are ntsc? That's okay it must be ntsc 

hi,

most that were sold here as far as i know. although i do have some pal ones around.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

On 7/3/2023 at 11:50 PM, lucca777 said:

Honestly the comment about a ship and jack I thought he was saying I got it off a pirate Jack Sparrow 😅. Thought he was trolling me until lance cleared it up. I have no clue about Atari I have played a lot when I was a child

I should've stated things more clearly although the post was directed to @Video 61 who I knew would understand the exact story I was referring to.

One thing I promised myself I'd never do -and never allow to become mainstream in the Atari I/O Forums - is talking over people's heads. I created this place to be warm and inviting to all people - particularly newcomers to Atari who want to learn more.

I don't intend this as a put-down to other sites (it's not) but a number of years ago I was pretty put off by the inward focus of people I otherwise like, who have a tendency to name-drop and go on endlessly about finer details of what engineers worked on what games, and the technical aspects involved, while entirely gliding over the game itself. It becomes a list of names and microprocessors. For example, web pages about Centipede that read like internal emails -  battles between Coin-Op and Atari Home Consumer Division regarding Dona Bailey and Ed Logg's development of the game, use of POKEY and Bill Kunkel and Arnie Katz's complaints about performance on the Apple IIe - names and technical aspects that go over many people's heads without any discussion of Centipede itself, leaving the uninitiated feeling clueless and out of the loop not knowing who these people are or why they should know them. There are a lot of people who just want to talk about zapping spiders and mushrooms and how fun it was to play Centipede on a Saturday morning - and I want those people to feel welcome here, and not that they are stepping into the middle of a private discussion in a closed community.

11 hours ago, Justin said:

I should've stated things more clearly although the post was directed to @Video 61 who I knew would understand the exact story I was referring to.

One thing I promised myself I'd never do -and never allow to become mainstream in the Atari I/O Forums - is talking over people's heads. I created this place to be warm and inviting to all people - particularly newcomers to Atari who want to learn more.

I don't intend this as a put-down to other sites (it's not) but a number of years ago I was pretty put off by the inward focus of people I otherwise like, who have a tendency to name-drop and go on endlessly about finer details of what engineers worked on what games, and the technical aspects involved, while entirely gliding over the game itself. It becomes a list of names and microprocessors. For example, web pages about Centipede that read like internal emails -  battles between Coin-Op and Atari Home Consumer Division regarding Dona Bailey and Ed Logg's development of the game, use of POKEY and Bill Kunkel and Arnie Katz's complaints about performance on the Apple IIe - names and technical aspects that go over many people's heads without any discussion of Centipede itself, leaving the uninitiated feeling clueless and out of the loop not knowing who these people are or why they should know them. There are a lot of people who just want to talk about zapping spiders and mushrooms and how fun it was to play Centipede on a Saturday morning - and I want those people to feel welcome here, and not that they are stepping into the middle of a private discussion in a closed community.

hi justin,

sorry, should have fleshed it out. just get to busy sometimes.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500

3 hours ago, Justin said:

@Video 61 You gave us excellent information and a terrific story as always, Lance! Thank you for all you contribute to the community.

hi justin,

thanks, if i ever get caught up, i need to update my blog. that might help some of these questions.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
651-462-2500