What are the coolest items in your collection?

sramirez2008

4 minutes ago, Neon Wraith said:

and a lovingly used slingshot. 🤣

Don’t discount that slingshot. Seriously, the Jaguar’s a nice system and having a couple of Jaguar CDs is pretty cool too. The homebrew community has come up with some really nice games and that’s made me consider getting one. 😀

Btw, I didn’t mean for this to turn into a comparison. For those that collect, the main thing is for you to be happy with your collection and hopefully, you have the time to enjoy it. Prior to COVID, my wife and I would host Atari parties. In addition to our friends, our sons would stop by with some of their friends and we would all spend a day playing games on various consoles, complete with CRTs. Earlier this year, we started hosting again, although not as frequent as we used to. It’s always a good time and it’s nice to see the younger generation have some fun with nearly 50 year old hardware. There’s still something about connecting a 2600 to a CRT, popping in a Supercharger and pressing play on the cassette deck to launch a game. That never gets old for me.

Thanks for sharing and Game on everyone.

On 9/14/2023 at 11:09 PM, Justin said:

I should include this too even though it's essentially just a 5200

large.Atari_Video_System-X.jpg

That would be my holy grail of my collection if I had one.  Those things are beyond awesome in my book.

Coolest items in my collection?  I would have to pick the Atari Jaguar.  As much as I love my 5200 the Jaguar holds a very special place in my heart and I really wish it had got the spotlight it deserved.  I have others I will share later.

Well as everyone else is showing pics, I guess I better add some for what I was talking about or else it didn't happen right?

Here is a pic of my 2600 Parker protos for Star Wars:TAG (WIP), and what appears to be release candidate 1 for Gyruss. I've had these dumped and ST:TAG is different from the released games while Gyruss appears to be the exact same as the released game. Still I got these in the early '00s through Yahoo auctions back when that was still a thing.

ITC_PBros_Protos_GyrussSWTAG.jpg.b36fb4f2cb16973de37407ed6de47ddc.jpg

As the labels are really hard to read now after over 40 years here are some zoomed in closeups with flash to make it easier to read the little label stickers on them. Starting with Gryuss...

ITC_GYRUSS_Rls1_Detail.jpg.b4ae147bba26de5504f5543e8af0df9d.jpg

Here is Star Wars:TAG and you can see it says WIP on the sticker indicating it isn't the final version and again, dumping it has shown differences in the game play slightly.

ITC_SWTAG_Proto_Detail.jpg.84ad492da087917bdd64647279b11088.jpg

Here is a pic of the table top VFD games I mentioned. This isn't all that I own but are the ones that took me the longest to find for a good price.

ITC_Rarer_Tabletops.jpg.6e3cebdbafd5dca6e6a7e49254f4de64.jpg

And there here is a pic of the VCS emulator for the Jaguar that Bryan Edwaard wrote while working for Temporary Sanity Designs back in July 1995 along with photocopies of the ROM Release Form and a letter that talks about what might have been and ultimately didn't happen.

ITC_TSD_JagVCS.jpg.49361144dfa1b6b0e22b28264de0855c.jpg

Oh..and I thought I would toss this in for good measure...

ITC_7800_Rarities.jpg.1dc4e4d6132bf0787a9fa27c2c7694e7.jpg

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I don't have much in the way of coolest items in my collection, at least regarding rarity or uniqueness. But I do have some.

First is the stuff I asked Howard Scott Warshaw to sign at Free Play Florida last year.

Also, I have this prototype, or possibly loaner cart, of Ningen Heike: Dead Fox (aka Code Name: Viper) for the Famicom. Haven't been able to track down too much info on it.

04.png

20231014_021250.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dire 51 said:

Call me curious: what games are on those multicarts? I can make out a few of them.

I would have to fire it up to know for sure. But the pics on the labels do match the games that were put onto those carts. They were originally programmed and made by CPUWIZ at Atari age. The carts actually have an onscreen menu that pops up where you select the game you want to play. Both of the carts however, have some games on them that are glitched up either do to a bad eprom programing or because the eproms themselves were a bit off. Same with the Bob collection as Moon Cresta has one or two invisible enemies on each wave making it difficult to take all of them out, and Space Invaders will lock up on any level where you have the Shields active.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Ah, okay. That being the case, I don't feel so bad about not really being involved in the scene at the time they were released (I didn't get my current 7800 until 2016). I'd seen pictures of the Bob collection cart before, and wished I'd been able to get one, but not so much anymore.

For me my most prized and cherished item/game is "Escape From North Korea" for the TI-99/4A.  It was a concept I came up with (and received flack over it by a few killjoys on another site).  The game was made into reality by the late and great @Airshack.  I spent hours chatting with him on the phone talking about it, beta testing, I designed the label and made the booklet for it from his text.  I really miss that guy, he was open minded, accepting of everyone and had a great sense of humor.  Even though he was brilliant, he was down to earth and did not take himself seriously.  The world needs more guys like him.

enk.jpg.a700f4aca3f519dc05c90b2da4173cf8.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>