Share Something GOOD from 2023!

RickR

Lots of bad stuff going on in our world, both on a big scale and at a personal level.  But forget that if you can for one moment and share at least one good thing that happened to you in 2023.  It can be gaming related or not. 

I'll start with a couple of things:

• On the personal side, I have made some serious progress on flight anxiety issues.  In 2023, I got on planes for two vacations.  Although limited to west coast travel only, this was a BIG step for me.  And also getting on a cruise ship for a week. 
  • Gaming side:  I succeeded in some downsizing this year.  Both my ST and Amiga collections are GONE.  I've been telling you, this is going to be a slow process for me, but progress is being made.

Positive stuff from 2023?

• My roof finally got done!  The insurance settled after 3 years and the job got done.  Now my solar panels are going back up as well.  In fact, the job is going to be done while still on vacation.
  • On the professional side, I had another doctor join my group so we could keep up with the pace of referrals we get.  So, it's good the office continues to do well.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

1 minute ago, RickR said:

Those are both really great news!  Has your roof been tarped for the last 3 years? 

It was patched up waiting on the insurance company and then tarped.  I got fed up of waiting and decided to move forward with the repairs until I settled with them.  The settlement finally happened.  The best part is that this is no longer my insurer, so they can't cancel the policy on me.  😆

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Waking up and going outside to see what the day looks like only to find a bunch of electronic goodies dropped at your front door literally. I was still trying to wake up and waiting on my coffee when I saw all that.  What I found was posted on a recent pick up post here but…here’s a recap.

pic1.jpg.f9a8556f2e02b48a1056a6ad048f1924.jpgpic2.jpg.d5284de535ddc2fc7c17c96e482049d4.jpgpic3.jpg.40086b668291a4ea08f9b20d73424960.jpgpic4.jpg.dc1081e71de20414aa6ea0273302216f.jpgpic5.jpg.ee6ad6766694b4a08debe7187ed2d234.jpg

Everything works. It was found in the trash by one of our maintenance guys and he collected what he could grab and literally dumped it at my doorstep.

Something good from 2023?

[1] I had back surgery during the summer. Hopefully, that put an end to the chronic back pains that became constant pain for two years.

[2] Because I was hospitalized after surgery for rehab, I missed the trip to Japan. However, the airline gave me credit on a non-refundable ticket. I used the credits for trips to Los Angeles, Cancun, and now Thailand. My wife and I leave on Monday for two weeks and two days. So, a single trip resulted in three trips. Yay? 😂

[3] I started my games collection downsizing and at the end of the year, I sold several thousands of dollars worth of games to a couple of local gamer friends. Now my PS1 and PS2 collections are ready to go to Pink Gorilla. I also need to sift through my PS4 games to find the keepers as the PS4 collection is going out the door as well. In 2024, I will need to figure out what to do with my massive OG Xbox and Xbox 360 collection.

Since my previous post the Resident Evil games and Dino Crisis for the DC were traded in for a PS3 and some games. I used eStarland and so far have had good luck. I can't believe the amount of credit I received just for those 4 games. What else can I trade in? 

Oh. I gave the second NES Classic Console to my youngest nephew for his birthday. Now he can play Kirby and stay off mine that's in the box LOL.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy