New Atari 7800 Homebrew - Pac-Man Collection XM

TrekMD

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Started a topic about Pac-Man!"

TrekMD was awarded the badge 'Pac-Punk' and 2 points.

I had to share this, particularly since we just finished the competition with Ms. Pac-Man for the 7800. 

Now the production of the XM units has moved forward and developers are starting to get test units, we'll be seeing new titles being made for the 7800 that take advantage of the XM's capabilities.  One of those titles currently being developed is Pac-Man Collection XM, which takes advantage of the 320 mode of the 7800.  

The video shows a WIP for Pac-Man Collection XM for the 7800.  It will require the XM add-on for Yamaha sound (done be Perry Thuente) and High Score Saving.  It will work without it, but you will get standard TIA sound and no High Score retention.  The game is about 75% complete with a few bugs and missing features (such as an actual random maze generator) and some missing TIA sounds (Yamaha sounds have not been started yet).

Check out the videos below...

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Anyone test these WIP builds on a CRT yet? I saw Bob's comment where most games didn't use these modes because apparently they look horrid on CRTs and he was curious what this game looks like through a CRT. So it has me wondering if this new Pac-man Collection XM might be the first game designed around video mods for use on flat panel displays? I do have an old JVC that has composite and s-video on it that I might have to try and see how this looks on it.

But was curious if anyone else had done that first.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections