Looking for Lighthouse Geeks

HDN

Wanted: lighthouse fanatics

I don't know why, but I've always loved Lighthouses. Here in Wisconsin, we have tons of lighthouses along lake michigan. I read somewhere a while back that Door County was one of the most lighthouse-dense places on earth, but don't quote me on that. I don't know, I've just always found lighthouses interesting.

There's five lighthouses I can see within a quick walk from my house to the shore.

The first is my all-time favorite, Race Rock:

image.png.8f23df0e3cfd4bd19510cea4c008d222.png

The story about the construction of the lighthouse is insane & Ghost Hunters filmed an episode there, but I'm not going to dignify that with a link. 🙄

Next up is New London Ledge Lighthouse. This one is a little farther away, but the ferry to FI passes right by it:

image.png.f0458f7808de661020baf0c441390e31.png

The next in line (I'm going west to east) is North Dumpling Lighthouse (you can see it in the background of the Ledge Light photo).

image.png.34a5c6a476de440eb5c7b3c80b427cb3.png

The cool story about North Dumpling is that the island is owned by Dean Kamen, the inventor of the Segway. Check out his mini Stonehenge!

Next in line is Latimer Reef Light. Nothing too fancy about this one, but it has a cool bell that chimes frequently.

image.png.9003abbc82f9da3a81b1b9614ad05c57.png

And finally, Watch Hill Lighthouse, which is in Westerly, RI. 

image.png.b520815ed2d6188cfa9582f76c2608b0.png

Taylor Swift has a home near that. 🙂

On a clear day, I can see Montauk Point Light on Long Island.

image.png.eae0b72791b49bdbbb60f3fb1d8ee6bf.png

Edited by StormSurge