Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

I'm hardly on Facebook and I miss this stuff.  I'll have to see if I can get one.

I believe he made a small run, something like eight. Not sure if he meant eight sets or eight each. 

I check the group from time to time via my wife’s Facebook account. I always miss stuff. This is literally the third item I’ve purchased from someone in the group.

31 minutes ago, RickR said:

This one is silly, but it spoke to me.  Arcade1Up Giant Atari Joystick.  I've heard these are terrible.  No matter.  If anything, it makes an awesome game room decoration.

arcade1up-giant-atari-joystick-1.jpg

That handle is so tall, that it has to be bad, but it’s totally awesome! Loving it.

This arrived today!  My Nomad did not have a box and I was able to get this reproduction box.  It's supposed to be "damaged" and it cost 1/2 the price for that reason.  The "damage" is a slight crease on one of the side tabs that you may notice when you open the box.

Sega_Nomad_(2).jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

16 minutes ago, OniDensetsu said:

Got my friend to 3d print me a case for my 5200 adaptor. 
Nice little home for it & has a button, for the button.

Thanks for showing me these RickR 😉

IMG_2749.jpg

That's awesome.  I no longer have a 3D printer and had forgotten all about this. 

Several new arrivals throughout the past week or so!

"Solar Storm" is turning out to be a great time - love the shooter/paddle combination.  "Fathom" makes me feel dumb but I love the concept and execution - it strikes me as a more-challenging "Aquaventure" on first impression. 

"Fatal Run" and "Ninja Golf" 7800 reprints need no introduction, ha.

"Drake of the 99 Dragons" caught my eye - looks like an action game trying to emulate a graphic-novel-type of approach, and yet still in a 3D environment.  Could be great, could be... not great... but it certainly seems to have its own style.  Picked up "Iron Phoenix" on the cheap - while the core game seems pretty dry, it sounds like there's a bit more depth on the single player side. "Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat" reminds me of Bethesda's own Xbox pirate-y game (which was great and super-overlooked, by the way); features include both land and naval combat which certainly pique interest!

"Twisted Metal III" is solely a nostalgia pickup as a title that my brother and I played entirely too much. To this day, I've never tried any of the highly acclaimed "God of War" titles - and this 3rd installment to the series was only a few dollars.  Admittedly, I thought I was buying the first installment... oops... Ah well!

20240828_003734080_iOS.jpg.59e489fa502b3602d7bb287767783e1e.jpg

Okay so this skirts the line of non video game related,  but I got this specifically for the game room and for gaming so it qualifies I think?

20240829_065711.jpg.685f1c3bb4ee7e383538032f1444714d.jpg

Got a new av receiver in last night. It is replacing another Yamaha of nearly the same specs. The difference is that this one isn't 12 years old and supports modern display standards like 4k and hdr that the old one didn't.  But it had nearly the same layout on the rear for the inputs and was pretty much the same size although about 10mm taller so I had to adjust the shelves above it. 

Still some dialing in to do to get everything balanced but it is nice to see the 4k output and hdr finally getting used. 

The grey box below it is my Extron AV selector that most of the retro consoles connect through and is another main piece of gear needed in my gaming setup. 

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

19 minutes ago, RickR said:

Sweet setup.  I'll bet it sounds and looks great. 

Yes. An odd thing though, is that the new receiver of course came with a new remote. But there are far fewer buttons on the remote as compared to the old one. As an example, the old remote had dedicated buttons to each input. So I could just push that button and it would switch to that input directly. The new remote, uses an Up / Down button like you would for the volume for the inputs? So you basically have to cycle through them all. Also some of the functions on the new receiver have to be accessed using the remote to pull up the on screen display the receiver creates (Old one didn't do this of course), to access them.

Well, on a whim I decided to try and use the old remote with the new receiver. Sure enough, all the functions work and can be accessed directly with the old remote?! So... I guess I'm not 'upgrading' the remote LOL!

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

17 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

Yes. An odd thing though, is that the new receiver of course came with a new remote. But there are far fewer buttons on the remote as compared to the old one. As an example, the old remote had dedicated buttons to each input. So I could just put that button and it would switch to that input directly. The new remote, uses an Up / Down button like you would for the volume for the inputs? So you basically have to cycle through them all. Also some of the functions on the new receiver have to be accessed using the remote to pull up the on screen display the receiver creates (Old one didn't do this of course), to access them.

Well, on a whim I decided to try and use the old remote with the new receiver. Sure enough, all the functions work and can be accessed directly with the old remote?! So... I guess I'm not 'upgrading' the remote LOL!

Also an owner of a 15yo Yamaha receiver - that remote is a beast, for sure!  But once you get used to it, you don't want to go back!!