Atari 5200 Game Manuals

Atari 5200 Guy

This is great, even if I do not have original cart, even playing roms or using my atarimax multicart it may come in handy having the manual for some games. Also I might be odd in this but sometimes I just like flipping through old game manuals from back in the day. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Not only is it nice, you can preserve your manuals by downloading the PDF versions. There is also the Video Game Scanning Collective on the Archive. They have box and manual scans for certain games. It's not complete, but it is thorough with the scans. However, be prepared. Some scans are at 1,200 DPI, and some downloads are over 1 GB in size for just one game. I have a reasonably high-speed connection, so I can do it. A lot of people do, it seems. Also, a lot of the scans are Atari 2600 and 5200 games.

So, it could be good for restoration and preservation references, if that can be done. Thanks for letting me share. :O)

11 hours ago, MaximumRD said:

This is great, even if I do not have original cart, even playing roms or using my atarimax multicart it may come in handy having the manual for some games. Also I might be odd in this but sometimes I just like flipping through old game manuals from back in the day. 

Yep.  I prefer the physical manual myself.  But when you own a game, can't figure it out, and need a manual to help you out, this is the next best thing.