Chubbz

Which ATARI Consoles Do You Own?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which ATARI Consoles Do You Own?

• Lynx
    • Jaguar
    • Jaguar CD
    • All Of Them.

Well, I'm not sure if the computer 8-bit line counts but I would think the XEGs would count as a console since it was marketed as a games console that also happened to have a keyboard that attached to it. Hence why it came with the light gun and the two games upon release.

Having said that, I own all the consoles listed but do not own a XEGs and only own an 800xl and 130xe for the computer 8-bit line.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

9 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

Should the VCS be considered? I mean yes... it is a console and yes it was released by Atari, but it isn't the same Atari.

I would suggest that the modern VCS should be considered in the same way that products developed and/or released under Tramiel's Atari Corporation should be considered.

I should have been more specific with the header.

These are what I consider to be ATARI's retro consoles, as in they were specifically marketed as such.

The XEG was considered a computer in the U.K because of the way it was marketed.

I do consider the VCS to be an ATARI console, but it's current.

It's interesting to see the most popular outside of the 2600.

The 7800 for example always has decent numbers in polls.

Post whatever you consider relevant if the option is unavailable.

On 3/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, Chubbz said:

Which ATARI consoles do you own?

i am more the computerfreak, but i own the lynx 1 & 2 bcoz in that time it was awesome hardware and everyone hope to develop on it as hardware from atari st and use it like a computer .... and the jaguar and cd bcoz of the vr headset and also it was roumours to use jaguar over the dsp port as graphics hardware for falcon computer

On 3/8/2022 at 9:41 AM, Chubbz said:

I should have been more specific with the header.

These are what I consider to be ATARI's retro consoles, as in they were specifically marketed as such.

The XEG was considered a computer in the U.K because of the way it was marketed.

I do consider the VCS to be an ATARI console, but it's current.

It's interesting to see the most popular outside of the 2600.

The 7800 for example always has decent numbers in polls.

Post whatever you consider relevant if the option is unavailable.

Now it makes sense why some USA consoles were not listed.  That explains the omission of the XEGS.