Obi-Wan Kenobi - Series coming May 25, 2022

RickR

4 hours ago, RickR said:

Ep 4:  Wow.  Am I the only one here watching?  This show is really good. 

Reveal hidden contents

I am "collecting" the episodes, but I pretty much only watch movies / shows with my wife because I spend so much of my own time on Youtube and doing other stuff, so it's in the que, will likely binge after finishing some other shows we are currently watching. Looking forward to it. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

7 hours ago, MaximumRD said:

I am "collecting" the episodes, but I pretty much only watch movies / shows with my wife because I spend so much of my own time on Youtube and doing other stuff, so it's in the que, will likely binge after finishing some other shows we are currently watching. Looking forward to it. 

Sounds like my house too.  My wife and I watch shows together, and we are so slow about it due to work.  The current list is "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds", "Obi-Wan", and "Cobra Kai" (we like to have one half-hour show in the rotation because sometimes we just don't have the time for a full hour). 

In our queue is season 4 of "Stranger Things". 

I must say it feels like a golden-age for watching shows.  So many good choices and the awesome ability to watch on our schedule and at our pace. 

In any case, I highly recommend Obi-Wan so far.  Having Ewen McGregor in the role again feels like a treat, and the minute a light saber comes out, it really feels like Star Wars. 

Edited by RickR

Spoiler (kind of)

Spoiler

I just learned that James Earl Jones is 91!  He's doing the voice of Darth Vader.  It sounds the same as it did all the back to Star Wars.  Astounding.  Whether there's electronic enhancement or not, it's an incredible performance.  I'm not sure how they will do this character once he's gone.

Yeah, we are doing Strange New Worlds, Reacher, Moon Knight, typically 3-4 shows on Sunday night, this of course provided no other interruptions of obligations arise in which case they get delayed by a few days if not a week and then we will have several movies and other series in que once we catch up which is fine as it gets us through a dry summer. We either STREAM in web browser as I have the main desktop outputting to our 43 inch living room TV otherwise play a video file from what I have downloaded or ripped stream from desktop to TV. 

Screenshot 2022-06-09 181117.png

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Episode 6 - shockingly, it's the finale. 

Since I'm the only one watching so far, I won't spoil it.  The finale is both incredibly awesome and also has a big disappointment.  My wife and I agree this show was really good, but not as good as The Mandalorian or Bobba Fett.  Due to the characters and timeline, I think this one got boxed in by canon.  I feel grateful, though, to see some of the actors return to their roles.  Very well done.  I'd rate this show a very solid B+.