STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE - The Director's Edition - 4K Release on Paramount+

Possibly the most underrated, half-baked "ugly ducking" and "released too soon" entries in the entire Star Trek franchise. The "definitive vision" of Director Robert Wise debuted exclusively on Paramount+ April 5, 2022. The film arrives on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in September with extensive new bonus content. Hoping this will be available for purchase on iTunes / Apple Movies.

12 minutes ago, Justin said:

Possibly the most underrated, half-baked "ugly ducking" and "released too soon" entries in the entire Star Trek franchise. The "definitive vision" of Director Robert Wise debuted exclusively on Paramount+ April 5, 2022. The film arrives on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in September with extensive new bonus content. Hoping this will be available for purchase on iTunes / Apple Movies.

The 2001 Director's Edition was excellent and made Motion Picture one of my favorites in the series. Looking forward to seeing the 4K restoration.

I didn't realize this was on Paramount+.  I will give it a watch soon. I agree that last director's cut was a big improvement.  Watching that version made me appreciate how young the cast was then.