The Forgotten Pyramid released!

shift838

I have released my new adventure game called 'The Forgotten Pyramid '.  I have the .z3 and .z5 files along with disk images for 25 additional systems.  Please read the README file in the archive for notes on your system if there are any.

Requirements: TI-99/4A, (40 column standard, 80 column 9938/58, F18A) 32k, disk system and Extended Basic.

It can be put on a real floppy with a GreaseWeazle if needed.

TFP1.png.da4fbaae21e3d5a68ad0083bd8ab96c0.png

Intro:

In the remote villages of Peru, nestled amidst the breathtaking landscapes of the Andes Mountains and dense jungles, a remarkable tale unfolds. It's the story of an extraordinary individual who dedicated his life to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate. His unwavering commitment took him to the far corners of Peru, delivering essential food and medical supplies to small, isolated communities.

For years, our protagonist fearlessly piloted his aircraft, navigating treacherous terrain and unpredictable weather conditions. Each flight was a lifeline for those in need, a beacon of hope in the face of adversity. He witnessed firsthand the resilience and courage of the villagers, who faced daily challenges with grace and determination.

But one fateful day, as he embarked on his return journey from a successful supply drop, the skies betrayed him. A storm, fierce and unexpected, descended upon the aircraft with an unforgiving force. In a split second, lightning crackled through the air, striking the fragile metal bird that had carried our protagonist through countless missions.

In that heart-stopping moment, he knew his only chance of survival was to bail out into the vast expanse of the Peruvian jungles below.

In this adventure you will need to collect 13 treasures and complete 6 tasks to complete the game. Your maximum score is 200.

Download archive HERE

Edited by shift838

SHIFT838

Heatwave BBS Telnet to heatwave.ddns.net Port# 9640; FuSiON BBS Telnet to fusionbbs.ddns.net Port# 9900

1 hour ago, Justin said:

CONGRATULATIONS on "The Forgotten Pyramid" @shift838! I love that name, and the premise of the game. I hope this does well for you and lots of people are able to enjoy this wonder. 

Agreed, very cool. name. I was going to say, "Bummer, I don't have a TI to play it on." Then saw you have binaries for 15 different platforms, so I actually can give it the old college try! 🙂

Congrats on the new release. Always a good feeling! 😄

Free to download--> Carrot Kingdom™- :atari_2600: - Released 5/11/2021

7 hours ago, Jinroh said:

Agreed, very cool. name. I was going to say, "Bummer, I don't have a TI to play it on." Then saw you have binaries for 15 different platforms, so I actually can give it the old college try! 🙂

Congrats on the new release. Always a good feeling! 😄

In the archive are also .z3 and .z5 files so it can be played on Windows, Mac, Linux with engines like Frotz.

SHIFT838

Heatwave BBS Telnet to heatwave.ddns.net Port# 9640; FuSiON BBS Telnet to fusionbbs.ddns.net Port# 9900

14 minutes ago, RickR said:

I don't think so.  Thanks for that advice, I'll have to try to figure that out. 

Classic99 is a super easy program, you simply put all the contents of the zip file into a directory and run the program DSK image from Extended Basic.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

4 hours ago, RickR said:

I don't think I meet the requirements for the TI (I have 32k and a FlashROM), but I will give this a try on Atari 8-bit!  THANKS!

this game does require a disk system (currently), 32k, TI Extended basic.

If you have XB or a FinalGROM99 along with a tipi it will work too.

SHIFT838