Who are you?

greenween

I was born in 72 and have been in love with gaming(board, card, video ) sense I was 8. I grew up in NC but reside in CO and always will. Atari will always be the greatest of all. Oh yeah, I love Ween, Tom Waits and Dead Kennedys. Tell us about you!!

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

'71 Louisiana - been gaming since '79 when my best friend that lived across the street from me had a VCS and we played all the time! My first console was Christmas '82 I got my Vectrex and wasn't til Christmas '86 that I got a 2600 Jr. - still have today!!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Born in '80 in MA, and moved around almost yearly until my teens, so that made it seem easier to make 8-bit friends than real ones; lived in MA, PE, numerous towns in VT, NY & back to VT. Joined the Narine Corps in '98, got out in '03, back in the MC Reserve in '04-'05, then finally joined the Army in '06 and I've been there since. My military career has sent me to SC, NC, CA, Kuwait, Iraq, MO, MI, LA, Kuwait & Iraq (again) and finally back to CA.

My my gaming history is in my introduction, so there's no reason to recount that here, but in addition to gaming I enjoy riding my motorcycle, fishing, hanging out with my family, different foods and types of alcohols & enjoying all that Southern California has to offer.

I'm still in the Army & I'm also studying for a Business Administration/Marketing degree. I am married with four kids and my oldest (21) daughter has one of her own. My son (18) has been helping source bits of the collection, which my next daughter (13) watches grow from a distance and my youngest daughter (8) occasionally plays. My son is mostly into the Dreamcast & the N64, which was released on the day he was born, while I'm more of a 2600/NES guy, since those hold the best memories for me.

I will gladly accept any console or game into my collection now, as I feel that (no matter how crappy or cheaply produced) all games & consoles deserve some form of respect. I'm really glad I found this forum and I'm excited to be in a forum with mature, like-minded individuals. ????

Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted.

Franz Kafka

I think I covered it pretty well here in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF! section, not much else I can add to that really  :)

http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/35-hello-atari-io-community/?do=findComment&comment=108

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Born in '70, first game was PONG, around 6 years old probably, then Intellivision, Vic-20, Atari2600, C-64, NES, Sega Master System, Genesis..... Played board games since I was a young lad too (learned chess at 7).  Played D&D since I was about 10.

Still play pen and paper RPGs fairly regulary, and mostly PC gaming these days.  Still have a pile of board games too!

/NERD

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Well, i'm a swede and has been around playing video games since the first Pong arcad machines. I have owned most consoles and computers, from Channel F to Nintendo 64.

You know what?

I'm more retrogamer today then i was 20 years ago. 20 years ago i still chased new technology and brand new games. Today it's only about the old games and old consoles/computers.

Todays PC is more a multimedia machine then a computer (me think), used for just about anything from watching TV, emulate old gaming systems, surf the net, making music or editing photos, and much more.

Archived