Wanted: Feedback For Sentinel & Ninja Golf

nosweargamer

Since I got some good feedback from y'all last time, I'm going to try it again!

I'm looking for feedback for the next episode of the Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast (you can find it on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube or use this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/78gbg )

What are your memories and/or thoughts on Sentinel & Ninja Golf on the 7800?

post-303-0-77520800-1459955279_thumb.jpg

Also, how would you rate them? I use a system of 4 choices (From Best to Worst):

Hall of Fame Game (Top 5 game on the system out of the original, non homebrew games)

Solid Game

"Meh" Game

Trash Game (Bottom 5 game on the system)

These games will be covered on Episode 28

You can also e-mail text or audio to atari7800podcast@aol.com

If you get it in by Friday, it should make the show, but late submissions sometimes get squeezed in too, so send it even if it's late. 

Just keep it family friendly                 icon_smile.gif

You can also send feedback on previously covered games or the system itself. 

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I wish I could give you something, but I haven't played either.    I will say that Ninja Golf looks like one of the funnest, most original titles for the system.   

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Ninja Golf is definitely "Hall Of Fame" worthy.  The mash-up of golf game and side-scrolling fighter is genius level madness.  The concept works and is fun to boot.  I have brought this out at Atari parties and its always a smash.  People can't get enough of it.  I love the dragon at the end of each round.  Bright and colorful, it proves that the 7800 was on par with the NES and SMS.  Bottom line - any game where you get to fight sharks is a win for me!

Sentinel is a "meh" game for me.  I picked up a hacked NTSC copy in a lot a few years back.  As light gun games go, it doesn't grab me.  Barnyard Blasters and Crossbow are much better and easier to find in NTSC.

Hi, everybody,

I have never played "Ninja Golf." I once owned it for a short time, but I found out it was a defective copy when I bought it. So, that was returned to the person I bought it from and I got another game for the 7800. I do own "Sentinel," though. Granted, it is repetitive. But I wouldn't call it a "Trash Game." I would say it is a "Meh" game, but I still like it. The only thing about it is it is extremely difficult. I wish that it had a difficulty setting. That way, practice can be easier on it. I think that the fault is in the light gun itself as far as accuracy is concerned. It is better than a Nintendo Zapper gun, IMHO. I think that the gun might need to be tilted at an angle. But, most targets get hit in games I play. That's my two cents anyway. Thanks for letting me share.

Archived