Intellivision Amico!

nosweargamer

1 hour ago, Justin said:

What's the viciousness over the 2600+ about?

It's become common to see people call it "absolute trash" or "seriously flawed" (those are both actual quotes I saw on Facebook today).  You get the idea.  It's been labeled as "bad" or "dumb" before it's even released just because it does emulation.  This kind of goes back to the bad Jaguar youtube video thread.  NES/SNES classic both didn't use real hardware.  Did they get labeled as "trash" because of this?  No.  Atari gets attacked for no reason. 

10 minutes ago, RickR said:

It's become common to see people call it "absolute trash" or "seriously flawed" (those are both actual quotes I saw on Facebook today).  You get the idea.  It's been labeled as "bad" or "dumb" before it's even released just because it does emulation.  This kind of goes back to the bad Jaguar youtube video thread.  NES/SNES classic both didn't use real hardware.  Did they get labeled as "trash" because of this?  No.  Atari gets attacked for no reason. 

People need to chill. How great that Atari is making an effort. There are legitimate issues that can be discussed but people need to relax and act like adults.

4 hours ago, Justin said:

People need to chill. How great that Atari is making an effort. There are legitimate issues that can be discussed but people need to relax and act like adults.

Agreed but it's so easy to just attack it that that is what they do.  If they were giving constructive feedback, that'd be different but that's not what people do. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

14 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Agreed but it's so easy to just attack it that that is what they do.  If they were giving constructive feedback, that'd be different but that's not what people do. 

Totally agree. I hope this perceived backlash doesn't discourage Atari from continuing to deliver hardware options compatible with legacy systems. Atari deserves credit for shipping actual products, which is unlikely to happen with Amico.

On 9/29/2023 at 1:57 PM, nosweargamer said:

Here's my review of Shark! Shark! which was originally going to be on the Amico. It give you a taste of what the system would have offered.

It's been a few days now, so I think it's ok to post more detailed comments without spoiling it.  My favorite part of this review is that you returned the game!  That tells us everything!  Another A+ review by NSG.  Fair and honest.

Steam was great about the return. Easy to request, processed in about 90 minutes, which is about how much time I played it. (You can return a Steam game within 2 weeks if you played it less than 2 hours)

Too bad Intellivision can't process refunds like that (I hear that some people are still waiting after many many months for the pre-order refunds they requested) 

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

2 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Too bad Intellivision can't process refunds like that (I hear that some people are still waiting after many many months for the pre-order refunds they requested) 

I have to admit that I received my refund within 24 hrs of my request. I stated so in the main AA thread, so as to capture that timeline and notify others that the refunds were in fact being honored at that time. 

On 10/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, sramirez2008 said:

I have to admit that I received my refund within 24 hrs of my request. I stated so in the main AA thread, so as to capture that timeline and notify others that the refunds were in fact being honored at that time. 

That's great! When was that. I've heard of several other getting the silent treatment.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

3 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I downloaded the app(s) the other day out of a morbid sense of curiosity. It's absolutely terrible. You need at least two connected Android devices to run a single-player game. I'm not sure why these aren't stand alone Google Play applications. Why the Amico front end? It doesn't make any sense.