Star Trek: Picard

TrekMD

It's hard to write about ep 5 without spoilers.  It was a really good episode, and here are some of my thoughts:

• I like how they integrate the old Star Trek mythos into the story.  It seems like every episode has a nugget of that, and it's awesome. 
  • Fleshing out the newer characters has been really good.  Something they didn't do so well in season 1.
  • It seems like the season-long story arcs are the norm now.  I hope one of the other new ST series goes back to the stand-alone stories even a little bit.
  • Patrick Stewart is a jewel and I feel so lucky to get to watch this. 

4 hours ago, RickR said:
  • It seems like the season-long story arcs are the norm now.  I hope one of the other new ST series goes back to the stand-alone stories even a little bit.

That will be the norm for all the new shows, except for Strange New Worlds.  That is supposed to be episodic, like TOS was.  We'll find out in May 5th. 

1344291266_SpoilerAlert!.png.1bf0bcb03cbdc5f16466cee089dad09a.png

You'll need to highlight the text to read it because the spoiler HTML did not work!

I love what they are doing with Jurati and the Borg Queen!  Instead of the Queen assimilating Jurati, she uploaded herself into Jurati!  Can't wait to see how that dynamic goes! 

Edited by TrekMD

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

While it was cute to link The Voyage Home with Picard and bring the bit actor back, many things came to mind.  Is that supposed to be the same boombox after all these years?  I would think the cassette player would have worn out from so much use.  Is he using rechargeable batteries?  If not, how many set of batteries would he have gone through over the decades?  Does any man still wear the same punk hairstyle after so many years?   

194459504_SameActor.jpg.cce068e9b601970fbe49b0f985a23657.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

ALERT.gif.b78e3874146571f9aab72889e631bc9e.gif  Set your temporal reminder devices!

Title: "Two of One"   Date:  Thursday April 07th

Summary:
With the help of Tallinn, Picard and the crew infiltrate a gala on the eve of a joint space mission, to protect one of the astronauts they believe to be integral to the restoration of the timeline -- Renee Picard.  Kore makes a startling discovery about her father's work.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>