Star Trek: Picard

TrekMD

Star Trek: Picard is the official title of the upcoming CBS All Access series starring Patrick Stewart, it was revealed this afternoon at the CBS upfront presentation for advertisers in New York City. The show’s logo was also displayed for the very first time.

R7NdJ26.jpg

Stewart will star in Star Trek: Picard, reprising his role as the venerable Captain Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: Next Generation. The series will follow this iconic character in the next chapter of his life.

Star Trek: Picard will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Michael Chabon, Akiva Goldsman, James Duff, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth will serve as executive producers. Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout) will serve as co-executive producer and Kirsten Beyer as supervising producer.

Source: Star Trek Official Site

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

11 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

I just finished the first episode of Season 2. I'm not exactly sure what I just watched but - as my better half might say- I ain't mad at it.

I haven't started Season 2 of Picard yet....we are waiting to finish Discovery season 4 first.  While I'm not mad at it, Disco:4 hasn't been great IMO. 

<Spoiler alert>

Writing Tilly off the show was not a smart move.  

Get both seasons of Star Trek Picard and more for SIX BUCKS!  << CLICK HERE >>

Paramount is running a special.  You can get premium access for $2.00 per month for the first three months.  So ten episodes of Star Trek Picard season two should be just about right.  In the meantime you can get all of season one too, and other series as well.  Even better if you have a screen grabber... 😜

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

No argument. 

Given time to think more about it....

Season 1 of Picard was completely forgettable.  It really shined when someone from the old cast showed up (Data or Seven or even Hugh, for example).  And that one episode with Riker/Deanna was outstanding.  I thought all of the newer characters were meh.  Several scenes were downright disgusting.  Why'd they have to go there? 

Season 2, Ep 1 has a bit more of the older characters and a lot of little Easter eggs.  That's what makes it good.  Hopefully, they can keep it up. 

Edited by RickR

On 3/5/2022 at 9:15 PM, - Ω - said:

Get both seasons of Star Trek Picard and more for SIX BUCKS!  << CLICK HERE >>

Paramount is running a special.  You can get premium access for $2.00 per month for the first three months.  So ten episodes of Star Trek Picard season two should be just about right.  In the meantime you can get all of season one too, and other series as well.  Even better if you have a screen grabber... 😜

Pro tip...watch and finish the shows you like.  Then cancel.  In a few months, they'll offer you a free month to rejoin. 

/Prophet Mode ON

If I were to guess, with only one episode to go on, I think Q is doing Picard a favor... in a roundabout way.  I'm figuring at the end, Picard will come to terms with all the decisions he's made, finally getting over his past an ending up with Laris.  We shall see how right or wrong I am.

/Prophet Mode OFF

Interesting observations though.

1) Guinan knew Picard entered the bar without turning around, interesting since he's no longer human.  Was it a reflection in a bottle of hooch?

2) Q is still targeting Picard, even though he's not really Picard.

3) Does Laris know Picard is an android?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

41 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

What is going to be next?  Star Trek: Worf?

They are saturating the market, aren't they?  Strange New Worlds is the next one. 

I know we've had others recommend the animated series of Lower Decks and Prodigy.  I haven't had the time to check those out. 

Lower Decks is excellent.  I don't feel they are saturating anything.  The shows have short seasons and they are all different but in the same universe.  This is not like what happened in the 90's when everything was set in the 24th Century.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

3 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Lower Decks is excellent.  I don't feel they are saturating anything.  The shows have short seasons and they are all different but in the same universe.  This is not like what happened in the 90's when everything was set in the 24th Century.

I need to find the time then to watch Lower Decks. 

My wife and I are in the market for a 30 minute show to stream.  For those nights when we just don't have a lot of time or need something for filler.  We just finished Boba Fett and Ghosts in that 30 minute role.  I'm not sure what to do next.  I will suggest Lower Decks, but it may not be her cup of tea.  If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. 

OK, last night's episode of Star Trek Discovery was excellent!  The whole concept of trying to communicate with an advanced alien race is so Star Trekky and we don't see enough of that.  And why don't we get more of Jet Reno?  That acerbic candor the character offers is so refreshing. 

Tonight, the next episode of Picard is releasing, so I'll be watching that.

5 hours ago, RickR said:

Tonight, the next episode of Picard is releasing, so I'll be watching that.

Episode three is tonight?  Really?  I thought it would be at least another week.  I guess I'll have to hop on the computer tonight to verify that.  Thanks for the heads up.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>