Star Trek: Picard

TrekMD

S3, E8 - good stuff!  Satisfying.  Some hidden notes below so as not to spoil.

Spoiler
  • "I cut off your sight" doesn't really make sense when the whole ship is already uncomfortably dark 🙂 🙂 🙂  Maybe she should have turned up the lights full brightness -- that would have blinded everyone.  
  • LaForge and Data together are like peanut butter and jelly.  Perfect. 
  • Data vs Lore = well done! 
  • Worf.  Well, I'm sorry, but that character feels like a caricature to me.  Without any backstory, his character just doesn't feel right.  Although he is pretty hilarious.  If you squint your eyes, it could easily be Elnor with this role. 
  • They've done a great job in giving themselves time to solve the mysteries.  2 episodes left. 

I agree.  It was an excellent episode that continued moving the story forward.

Spoiler
  • Data vs Lore - I had it figured before the "battle" ended.  Data giving Lore all of his memories meant Lore was joining Data and that is exactly how it played out.  It was well played.
  • We're finally going to get to know what the hell is happening with Jack.  It was cool seeing him using his "powers" to try to help but the way he played Vadic was fantastic.
  • Love Data telling the Titan's crew that the pissed off security system was changing shifts! 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Oh no on the bad cold!  I hope you feel better soon. 

I loved episode 9.  There was a lot of fan service, sure.  And some of this story feels pretty tired and rehashed.  But I love how they at least give a bit of logical explanation to it.  And that ending....WOAH!  Goose bumps.  It invalidates a crack I made earlier this season.

Once again, I tried to stay off the internet on Thursday to avoid spoilers, and I'm so glad I did.  I knew NOTHING about this week's guest and that ending.  Avoiding spoilers makes me do this a lot while watching:

image.png

I watched it late last night and I can only say I loved it.  CANNOT wait for next Thursday!  I will admit, though, I have mixed feelings of it being the final episode.  I sure do hope Terry Matalas gets to make Star Trek: Legacy to continue the stories in this era. 

Spoiler
  • It was great seeing Shelby again!  Even it was short-lived.
  • Quite the nasty way the Borg have developed to assimilate people now.  Very, very insidious.
  • The Enterprise D!  The Enterprise D!  Need I say more? 
  • I have wonder how much Jack's personality will affect the Borg.  I don't think he's just going to be their "voice." 
  • Had to add this one...
  • 2011829451_EnterpriseD.jpg.0d628da52885e2757925a2857c476cb9.jpg

Edited by TrekMD
Added image

My wife and I enjoy PICARD having been big Star Trek TNG fans, we've yet to watch any this season only because we have a long list of shows and movies in our viewing line up, likely we will wait until all episodes have aired and I will collect them all at once and add it to our weekly viewing at some point. I was intrigued by the trailers and defintiely look forward while also not reading too much of this thread. IN THE MEANTIME however 😁

New shirt from my wife 😀😎I'm prepared for it!

342434382_163926149941566_5340707511278068121_n.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

S3, E10 - the final episode!

Spoiler

Am I satisfied?  YES!  I loved this season.

The final episode was mostly fan service, but I'm good with that.  The resolution of the plot was pretty well done, but the Borg just feel so tired by now.  I *do* love that they brought back the orig Borg Queen.  But it begs the question -- what happened to Agnes-Borg?  Did season 2 even matter? 

The highlights here are many.  ANY scene on the Enterprise D were pure gold.  Data with emotions and age is pure gold (pun intended).  The trust between these old characters -- you got it...pure gold.  And Seven as captain -- I hope they turn that into a series. 

Favorite line:  "I've missed that voice".  Chills. 

Missed opportunity - a return of hWesley in this season would have been great instead of the pretty pointless cameo in season 2. 

Overall:  This season is a solid A and I wish they'd done it like this from the start. 

Edited by RickR

Oh yes, the final episode was just awesome!

Spoiler
  • Oh, I'm fine with well-executed fan service and that is what this was.
  • The Enterprise D never looked better!
  • Dr. Crusher, crushed it as a tactical officer!  Yes, pun very intended
  • The Agnes-Borg are a separate offshoot of the regular Borg.  They were unaffected by the Janeway virus that crippled the Borg.  Alice Kriege only voiced the queen.  Another actress played the body.  So, the Agnes-Borg are still around but they are "benevolent."  Likely they are the Borg that were mentioned on Discovery's third season.
  • Hearing Shaw praise Seven and calling her Seven was a tearjerker.  I'm glad she is captain of the Enterprise-G and I really, really, really hope Star Trek: Legacy gets made because Terry Matalas really did a superb job and he deserves to follow through.
  • Did you see the mid-credits scene?  Talk about a set up for a new show!

Edited by TrekMD