Universal and Top Golf!

Gianna

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Shared your travel adventures!"

Gianna was awarded the badge 'Well Traveled' and 5 points.

I spent this weekend in Orlando and went to Universal as well as Islands of Adventure, and went to Top Golf for the first time!

I should have known this was a really bad time to go to a theme park, because Saturday after arriving at Universal the park reached capacity about a half hour later. Rides were about 100-200 minute wait times, some even more, and they sold out of fast passes. In total, I went on 5 rides and was there from 11am - 7:15 or so at night. Sunday I tried going to Volcano Bay and arrived an hour after opening but unfortunately they had reached capacity already. I got on a waitlist but wasn't texted to enter the park until 2 hours before they closed. By then I had moved on with my day. It was disappointing spending money on fast passes and a ticket to be told I couldn't enter. Anyway, I also went to Top Golf for the first time! It was really fun! The food is good as well. I love all that there is to do in Orlando. I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!

IMG_6416.jpeg.793e0887585e6ae3452c8f47e70a2e0f.jpeg

IMG_6423.jpeg.45f9553f464b059d5ef68fa85c79d030.jpeg

IMG_6445.jpeg.eb100cfafe32d040ca11dfa416e84ec3.jpeg

Donut holes, with a syringe of raspberry sauce and chocolate sauce to insert in the middle.

IMG_6454.jpeg.5576b38e0d6e81583d35b5886b1aec57.jpeg

13 hours ago, socrates63 said:

That's cool. I've never been to Orlando, and I hear the amusement parks there are better than their counterparts in California. Glad to see you had a wonderful Mem Labor Day! I'm pooped.

I've been to both, and the Florida parks aren't necessarily better...they are just BIGGER.  It's totally worth going to FL if you get the chance. But take good shoes!  You'll walk a lot.  And that humidity if FL can be stifling for those of us used to west coast weather.  

I remember one trip, it started raining while we were at Animal Kingdom.  Florida rain is different than Portland or Seattle rain.  Even our "waterproof" coats failed.  We got totally drenched head to toe!  It was still fun, but it took a lot of quarters at our hotel dryer to get everything (especially shoes) back to functioning order!  It was memorable, that's for sure.

This is 'Merica, Rick. Bigger is always better. 🤣 I think that's the mantra in Texas, isn't it?

Sticky summer humidity -- it seems to be pretty much everywhere in the world except our little corner. Maybe we'll go next year to Florida if international travel is still iffy then (we had originally planned on going to Korea this summer)... not that Florida gives me a huge amount of confidence 🙂

East Coast weather is 💪 -- the winds in NYC broke my umbrella a couple of years ago. I tweeted The Wirecutter because I bought it on their recommendation.

Edited by socrates63

14 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Great Scott!  Seen the Delorean... Yep, had to do it.

It is any wonder these theme parks are managing to stay afloat at all.  Spending that money on nothing ... Not good.  Been to Florida one time to visit Sea World and then Disney.  But that was before Epcot was finished.

Yes, it was a huge bummer, especially because I was so excited to check Volcano Bay out. I'm trying to get a refund. While heading back to the parking garage there was other families heading back as well who were rejected also.

6 hours ago, RickR said:

I've been to both, and the Florida parks aren't necessarily better...they are just BIGGER.  It's totally worth going to FL if you get the chance. But take good shoes!  You'll walk a lot.  And that humidity if FL can be stifling for those of us used to west coast weather.  

I remember one trip, it started raining while we were at Animal Kingdom.  Florida rain is different than Portland or Seattle rain.  Even our "waterproof" coats failed.  We got totally drenched head to toe!  It was still fun, but it took a lot of quarters at our hotel dryer to get everything (especially shoes) back to functioning order!  It was memorable, that's for sure.

FL weather is a bit kooky. It can be sunny one minute, storming the next and then sunny again immediately after as if it had never stormed!