NSG's November 2020 Giveaway!

nosweargamer

Time for another giveaway! This giveaway contains an Atari TV Games Plug n Play by Jakks Pacific and an NSG Card Pack & a piece of Bazooka Joe Gum, complete in wrapper with a mini comic!

GIVEAWAY RULES

• Must have a US Address. Not responsible for lost or damaged mail.
  • Must reply to this post by telling me your first or favorite Plug n Play by Friday, November 6th 2020 @ 11:59 pm est. One entry per person.
  • After the winner is selected at random and announced on this thread, they will have one week to give me their US address through the forum messenger. If they don't respond in time, I can select another winner.

Watch this video for more details:  

If you are new to the site, also feel free to introduce yourself here: https://forums.atari.io/forum/59-introduce-yourself/

This is a great site full of interesting threads and friendly people!

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

It's funny that you post this. This was actually my first Plug and Play! I got it from my cousin back in the early 2010's. I remember seeing this thing on store shelves in the Shopko toy department. This thing lasted a long time!

What's more, I also decided to break my unit out like, last week! Unfortunately, the cord on it is all messed up. You have to hold it in a very specific manner in order to get a stable picture up on the screen. I was considering posting a thread on perhaps finding a way to fix that, as I have heard that this is a common problem with Plug and Play units in general. If I win, this unit would be a nice replacement while the other one becomes a nice shelf piece. Or I could fix it up and have two of them! Play one in each hand.

My favorite Plug and Play, however, is the Intellivison Flashback. The Intellivison is a system that you need the original controller to play properly, and this unit does a very good job at bringing the INTV experience to the modern age. I do wish it came with all of the overlays, but whatever. The emulation is also not 100% accurate from what I have seen, but it seems to work alright. My main gripe with it, however, is that it doesn't have that awesome (-ly bad) song that plays throughout Intellivision Lives! "And now I'm bleeding from this incision. I really miss my Intellivision..."

I know there's a Colecovision Flashback out there, and that's one I would LOVE to try sometime! It looks better than the INTV one, but I can't judge it as I haven't played it yet.

Thanks, as always, for doing these giveaways, @nosweargamer. You are great at bringing people over to the site. I mean, you brought me over. That's either a bad thing or a good thing, depending how you look at it!

1 minute ago, socrates63 said:

My first Plug n Play was the Namco Ms. Pac-Man, iirc. I can't believe that this thing is still sold in retail.

6b44c821-a45d-4e89-9065-3974f6119e93_1.8670fe02d4e75baec869d1a1176ca81a.jpeg.aac1307de1ec1476a67d3c01aa0e3829.jpeg

Psssshhhhhhh... Wait a minute.

This was my first Plug and Play too! In a sense. 

I played this once at a car dealership a long, long time ago. We're going WAAYYY back now. My friend had this too.

The Atari one was the first one I personally own--wait a second.

No, not that either. I just got a flashback.

It was this thing, though I never played it much.

image.jpeg.429ce7e5c42205b95e3a90a3ed871451.jpeg

Whoops. I completely forgot about these things! Guess I was wrong.

I'm disqualifying myself because I won the last one.  But I still want to share my favorite plug and play.  Mine is the one that has the twisty knob that allows one to play Pole Position with analogue steering.  I think there's more than one of the Jakk's units that have that feature.  So either of those. 

I've had a few Plug and Play like systems over the years. I think my favorite was the Jakks Pacific Classic Arcade Pinball.

s-l640.jpg.06e89d4c7945138872c577c1a7b1426c.jpg

Was it perfect? No. But I liked how the plunger worked. (You pull down that ball on a rod below the system) and liked how the trigger buttons felt. You could had gotten worse than the like... five bucks I paid at a yard sale for it I think.

>>> RETROCADE ROMP <<<
My Personal Webpage, Blog, and Collection List

4 hours ago, HDN said:

I know there's a Colecovision Flashback out there, and that's one I would LOVE to try sometime! It looks better than the INTV one, but I can't judge it as I haven't played it yet.

I really like both the Coloecovision & Intellivision Flashbacks, even though they both could be improved. A lot of viewers felt the CV missed some of it's more popular titles (probably due to licensing) and at least one of the games played at the wrong speed. The INTV Flashback controllers were supposed to work with original Intellivisions, but the wiring got mixed up, and iirc, Tower of Doom is broken.

4 hours ago, socrates63 said:

My first Plug n Play was the Namco Ms. Pac-Man, iirc. I can't believe that this thing is still sold in retail.

6b44c821-a45d-4e89-9065-3974f6119e93_1.8670fe02d4e75baec869d1a1176ca81a.jpeg.aac1307de1ec1476a67d3c01aa0e3829.jpeg

I don't think it's been in stores for a long time. What is in retail is this abomination that may look a little similar, but is not.

4 hours ago, RickR said:

I'm disqualifying myself because I won the last one.  But I still want to share my favorite plug and play.  Mine is the one that has the twisty knob that allows one to play Pole Position with analogue steering.  I think there's more than one of the Jakk's units that have that feature.  So either of those. 

That steering is AWESOME! Does anyone know if any other plug n plays also used the twist knob? I know the Mrs. Pac-Man one got a couple rereleases, one for the Game Key and one wireless, but I'm unaware of any others that used it.

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Congrats @zgillet! You Won! You have one week to send me a US address through the messenger here at the forums to claim your prize.

results.png.e59da76d2affa40c92082efb041d5ba0.png