Squad Challenge - Gates of Zendocon (Atari Lynx)

Justin

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Sabertooth!

Congratulations to @Sabertooth on another incredible win! Not only has Sabertooth created a new YouTube channel of his own and a stellar social media presence to bring something refreshing and new to the classic gaming sphere, but he absolutely knocked it out of the park with his Gates of Zendocon score! What a tremendous score! Sabertooth secured the top spot on in our Gates of Zendocon Squad Challenge with his score of 6,145,500 points! I took 2nd Place in our Final Standings with a score of 5,102,100. @AtariSphinx was right on my tail and brought his A-game with a hard-fought score of 4,872,000 points! @TrekMD scored 3,003,800 to take 4th, @Gianna takes 5th Place with 2,753,200 points, and @RickR rounds things out with 1,482,800 points.

* @Atari Creep posted a score of 41,932 which may have been accidentally played on Game A instead of Game B. At the 1:25 mark in his most recent video submitted for his high score he correctly states "So all right, I'm going to hit "B", because that is the option in which we are using" and presses a key on his keyboard to begin - although the game appears to play at a slow pace and score points consistent with being played on Game A. In order for scores to be admissible in High Score Squad they must be played on the correct difficulty settings, as easier settings almost always result in an unfair points advantage. Although the game may have been mistakenly played on the easier difficulty settings, I believe it's clear to everyone that @Atari Creep was playing in good faith, just trying to have a good time with the group and participate in the Squad Challenge. There was certainly nothing in the video which appeared to give him an unfair advantage, Gates of Zendocon scores significantly lower on Game A, and no other player's score has been impacted by this as @Atari Creep came in last place, far from having an impact on @RickR 's 6th Place score. Although I have placed an asterisk on @Atari Creep's score, we want to acknowledge his score in our Final Standings for being so enthusiastic in High Score Squad, live-streaming the event and for joining us on this most recent journey through the Gates of Zendocon. Maybe @Atari Creep can give it another go and challenge @Sabertooth's score in the Scoreboard! 

Congratulations to @Sabertooth on his epic win, and a huge THANK YOU to everyone whose been getting the word out about our community and inviting others to join us in High Score Squad! As always I'd like to encourage @Sabertooth to post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! And a big "Thank You" goes out to @Gianna for helping me keep High Score Squad going! Congratulations to everybody here for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope you had a great time venturing into the beautiful pixelated chip tune world of Atari Lynx!

COMING UP: Our next High Score Squad Challenge is for the Atari 2600! Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_lynx_gates_of_zendocon.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

1 hour ago, Sabertooth said:

Wow, thanks @Justin! I appreciate the kind words. It was a literal BLAST playing Gates Of Zendocon! Everyone did such a great job grinding on their scores and it was nice to play a Lynx game!

Well done squad and hope to see you in the next challenge! 🙌💥🕹️

You're welcome and congrats @Sabertooth‼️🔥 See you in Ultimate Missile Command!

On 9/29/2021 at 7:54 PM, RickR said:

You have to start on the more difficult version -- press "B" to start instead of "A". 

On 9/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, Justin said:

👆 👆  this is important 

But I have been hitting B. Oh well, guess I have lots of prancing to do and that is not a bad thing.

EDIT

Controller was mapped out differently than originally thought. My bad for not confirming, haven't had this issue before. No need to have me on the board, I play for the fun of it and not any glory. My skills wouldn't allow that anyway. LOL

Edited by Atari Creep

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

On 10/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, Atari Creep said:

Let me see if I can figure out the scoreboard thing. 

You did a great job figuring out the Scoreboard thing @Atari Creep! It's just a place for posting new high scores, like our own little Twin Galaxies. Photos or YouTube videos are welcome, plus that basic info. The High Score Squad Challenge may be over but the battle continues in the Scoreboard! :wreck-it-ralph: