Your First Star Wars Game

That looks awesome! It was going to sold boxed but the IP holder sent a C&D.   I'm actually surprised it is still available online as a download.  I would have loved to see something like this on the 7800!  If it looks that good on the C64, imagine how it would look on the 7800!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

ESB from PB as well. Unless you wanna count those Applesoft/Integer BASIC games on the Apple II that called themselves "Star Wars". Those were generic space battle games IMHO.

Aside from SuperMan, Aliens, SpiderMan, it was one of the few movie tie-ins I really liked. Up to that time. There would of course be more later..

I know I've played ESB on the 2600 at a friend's house but I didn't really had any fun playing it so I can't really count that.

Now the Star Wars Arcade game Atari came out a year later, that was the one that let me live out my Star Wars play fantasy (X-Wing Fighter) as a kid.

Star_wars_gameplay.png

Tell me those graphics don't look awesome even now...

12 minutes ago, MistaMaddog said:

I know I've played ESB on the 2600 at a friend's house but I didn't really had any fun playing it so I can't really count that.

Now the Star Wars Arcade game Atari came out a year later, that was the one that let me live out my Star Wars play fantasy (X-Wing Fighter) as a kid.

Star_wars_gameplay.png

Tell me those graphics don't look awesome even now...

Thanks for your post as I could not recall which game was released first.

For the record, I played 2600 ESB first and then the arcade game whenever possible.

My first was the 2600 ESB as well. I didn't own it though and played it at my friend's house.

In terms of time spent on a Star Wars game, I probably logged the most hours on Dark Forces for the PC. I think the only other Star Wars video games I played were the vector graphics Star Wars arcade game (love this) and X-Wing on the PC (I never got to the sequel Tie Fighter which I think I read is even better). I need to get to Knights of the Republic.

Mine was the 2600 ESB too. Got it for Christmas in 1982, followed by Jedi Arena sometime later. Eventually my parents picked up Death Star Battle too... only one we didn't have for the 2600 back then was Star Wars: The Arcade Game (I've rectified that in the years since, though).

I probably spent a lot more time playing the SNES Super Star Wars games in the early '90s, though.