Squad Challenge - Donkey Kong Jr. (NES)

Justin

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Marco1019!

Congratulations to @Marco1019 for becoming our Nintendo Donkey Kong Jr. Squad Champion! This is @Marco1019's 2nd Squad Championship win in a row! Marco takes the top spot in our Final Standings with an insane score of 267,300 points. Way to go Marco! Atari I/O OG "The Mayor" @greenween claims his 2nd 2nd Place win in a row, taking the runner up spot in our Final Standings with a very impressive score of 199,000 points. Congrats on another incredible score Greenween! @TrekMD made a serious showing, taking the 3rd spot in our Final Standings with his score of 126,900 points. My score lands me in the 4th spot in our Final Standings, with a score of 102,500 points. Legendary "Don" @RickR joins us again for another reliable outing in High Score Squad, taking 5th Place with his outstanding score of 47,500 points. @Gianna played with me in alternating turns and gave it her all in what she found to be a very challenging game, taking 5th Place on the podium with a score of 26,300 points. As always I'd like to encourage @Marco1019 to  post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations to Marco for another BIG WIN, and a huge congratulations to our wonderful community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun playing in our latest NES Squad Challenge!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad is an arcade classic for MAME. Be there!

large.final_standings_donkey_kong_jr_nintendo_nes.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Thank you, @Justin, for the very kind words. Having never played this particular version prior to this challenge, I came away very impressed as this version is faithful to the original.

I used to have a Mac OS version of MAME but I do not have one currently. So I'm likely out for the next Squad Challenge unless I can find a web version of whatever game will be selected, or if it's on Antstream Arcade (and if that's accepted here).

15 hours ago, Marco1019 said:

I came away very impressed as this version is faithful to the original

Congrats to Marco and greenween and everyone else!

I agree with the sentiment above.  Donkey Kong Classics includes two games that are super close to the arcade versions.  Very impressive indeed.  This one cart seems like a "hold my beer" from the NES towards the 7800, doesn't it?