Evercade - Hardware Options

RickR

A listing of the various Evercade hardware/console options:

Evercade (original)
Released:  May 2020
Discontinued: May 2022 (with limited firmware updates)

This is the original portable console, available with a white face or a special-edition black face.  It still works with all released software, although some features are missing (more info needed here)

Available new in very limited quantity.  However, used consoles are readily available.  Aug 2023 prices are $50-$100 used. 

Summary:  This is a great way to introduce yourself to the Evercade for a great price. 

1920px-Evercade_Original_Handheld_Consol

Evercade EXP
Released:  Dec 2022

The updated version of the handheld Evercade.  The screen size remains the same.  However, this version has higher resolution, more buttons, higher battery capacity, and wifi.  The regular version is $150, and the black limited edition is $180.  (Look for sales on Amazon and other retailers for a slightly better deal)

Summary:  Newest version with most up-to-date features. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Evercade VS
Released:  Dec 2021

The home console (not handheld/portable) version of Evercade.  Multi-player -- it has 4 controller ports (and comes with two controllers).  Price is $130 or so.

Summary:  It isn't portable.  If you don't mind, this is a great option.  Especially for multi-player games

Copy-of-Evercade-VS-Console-Image-01-003

Blaze Super Pocket (Taito or Capcom Editions)
Released:  October 2023

Only $60, but a much smaller screen and form factor.  This handheld has built-in games and a cartridge slot for all Evercade carts.

Summary:  At only $60, this is a steal and a great way to introduce yourself to Evercade, assuming the screen is big enough for you.

4166006-gssuperpockethed.jpg

2 minutes ago, Smell Dawg said:

I wonder if the Super Pocket is worthy of consideration if one already owns one of the flagship handhelds.  The buttons on back look pretty cramped - though, with this, I could Bubble Bobble my wait at the dentist office pretty easily!!

I think the price is really nice, and I like the look, colors, and form factor.  It reminds me a lot of a Gameboy Color.  My personal thought was to wait and see how the reviews are and then jump in if they are positive. 

2 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I would prefer the VS personally.  I'm going to see what I can do to get one. 

VS is a great choice!  I see one on ebay for $110 used (free shipping).  You might also save a search on Ebay and you'll see any deals in a daily email.  Reach out if you need help with ebay searching

I visited Blaze's site and went from there.  They show four US retailers selling Evercade.  

14 hours ago, TrekMD said:

The VS is very nice.  Is Amazon out of stock?

I will see if I can find it again but Amazon showed five left of the starter set with two games for the VS model.  

21 hours ago, RickR said:

VS is a great choice!  I see one on ebay for $110 used (free shipping).  You might also save a search on Ebay and you'll see any deals in a daily email.  Reach out if you need help with ebay searching

Thanks for helping out! Unfortunately my issue is coming up with the money. 

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

On 8/31/2023 at 1:09 PM, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Copy-of-Evercade-VS-Console-Image-01-003c-F1.png.d310b05de86ce9f5076d59e133421c5c.png

That has to be the sexiest modern console I have seen in a long time.  I believe the Jaguar was the last one I saw.  The VS has style.  That's it.  I've got to get one! (Digs through game collection for dups).

The controller design of the VS, specifically, really makes it shine!  Along those same lines (pun sort of intended?), the original handheld takes my design preference over the EXP, even though I appreciate the more modern experience on the EXP, heh.

Does anyone here have the Hyper Mega Tech Super Pocket version?  My question is whether these small systems do the cartridge updates.  Since I only have the orig Evercade handheld, I don't get any updates.  Boy would I love to get auto fire for some of these arcade games.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:22 AM, RickR said:

Does anyone here have the Hyper Mega Tech Super Pocket version?  My question is whether these small systems do the cartridge updates.  Since I only have the orig Evercade handheld, I don't get any updates.  Boy would I love to get auto fire for some of these arcade games.

I found my answer on Facebook.  The super pocket does NOT have wifi and will not do updates of all games.  However, it's newer firmware does contain updates for some existing games and WILL update those.  And once you update a cart, those updated features are available on the orig Evercade.