Club VCS - Issue 01: Is the Fun Back?

Sabertooth

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

@Sabertooth  I'm impressed, totally blown away actually.  I know and respect how much time and effort it takes to produce this kind of quality work.  You've earned a lot of respect from many people I'm sure.  I  simply cannot say, "Good job", I have to be totally honest here and say, "Totally awesome and noteworthy job."  

Thanks so much @- Ω -! It definitely took longer than I expected and I learned alot along the way. I'm glad that folks are enjoying it. 🕹

1 minute ago, RickR said:

Are you selling printed copies @Sabertooth?  I'm happy to pay printing and shipping costs. 

I'm not quite there yet. A number of folks have expressed interest in a print copy. I decided to do a single issue print to check quality, cost and determine what revisions need to be made to do a small run.

A number of changes need to be made, including the addition of two content pages (magazines are divisible by 4), the orientation of page numbers on even pages, and some art and text adjustments. Also, reading a print copy I found a handful of small errors that have since been corrected.

Overall, I was pretty happy. It looks and feels like a store bought magazine. I'm ordering one more test print with the revisions. If it looks good, I will do a small run for ClubVCS members first. If I have left overs, I'll open it up. I plan to offer these at my cost plus shipping. If I move forward, I'll make the announcement here first.

On 10/27/2023 at 12:18 PM, Sabertooth said:

it looks good, I will do a small run for ClubVCS members first. If I have left overs, I'll open it up. I plan to offer these at my cost plus shipping. If I move forward, I'll make the announcement here first.

I’m sure you’ll sell out the limited run. You can count on my purchase. 🙂

2 hours ago, ckelky3 said:

Received the magazine today. Very well done. Any plans for future magazine issues in the future?

Thank you! I'm glad that you received it and appreciate the feedback. There are definitely plans to do more issues of the free e-zine. I will likely do future print runs if there is interest.