Club VCS - Issue 01: Is the Fun Back?

Sabertooth

54 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Wow! You guys came out the gate very strong with Issue 01. Love the layout, articles and Podan was a great choice for your first Creator Space interview. I'm already looking forward to the next issue. 🙂

Thanks so much for kind words! It was a lot of fun to put the zine together. Glad to see folks are enjoying it!

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to check out the zine! I really appreciate the positive feedback from everyone. The flipbook has over 500 views and only half of those are me. LOL

This is an excellent suggestion @MistaMaddog , and I'd love to include a PC mode article in future issues.

@Tony Waldron - this is a great note to have on the use of "IP." I'll be more mindful to define abbreviations. 😅

This magazine is incredible!  Obviously a labor of love and a great throwback for lovers of Atari!  Back to the days of flipping magazines to learn about new games, etc.  I haven't read everything and I only just found out about it but I really enjoy it so far!  

I can't wait to finish reading it but thank you so much @Sabertooth and any other contributors for making something so cool.

:pole_position_blimp: Watch 7800 Pro Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheAtariNetwork

On 10/7/2023 at 2:16 AM, Sabertooth said:

Welcome to the Club VCS:  The Atari VCS Fanzine Issue 01!

The Club VCS Fanzine is an extension of the Club VCS subforum here at Atari I/O.  The goal of the fanzine is to highlight some of the cool things going on in the world of the VCS and our little corner of the Atari fan community.  In this zine, you'll find interviews, community member spotlights, reviews, previews, and more! 

So hit the flipbook link to view online or download the PDF here.

A special thanks to @Justin for his encouragement, and @RickR and @Mockduck for their contributions. 

If you have an idea for an article or want to contribute to future issues, message me here or send an email to clubvcs@protonmail.com.

Best,

Sabertooth

CLUB VCS ISSUE 001 FINAL.png

Just fantastic! I'm putting up a Newsline about it here in a few 😉 Thank you Sabertooth! Fantastic A+++ job! Nobody could have done it better bro!

BB

24 minutes ago, Silver Back said:

This magazine is incredible!  Obviously a labor of love and a great throwback for lovers of Atari!  Back to the days of flipping magazines to learn about new games, etc.  I haven't read everything and I only just found out about it but I really enjoy it so far!  

I can't wait to finish reading it but thank you so much @Sabertooth and any other contributors for making something so cool.

agree 1000000%!

On 10/12/2023 at 12:59 AM, Sabertooth said:

I want to take a second to thank everyone again for your kind words and encouragement.  This was made with the community in mind and I'm thrilled that folks seem to be enjoying it.  I also want to note something that might have been missed above in the first comment, and that's this:

If you have an idea for an article or want to contribute to future issues, message me here or send an email to clubvcs@protonmail.com.

This is our fanzine.  We were lucky to have great contributors/collaborators like @Mockduck, @RickR and @Podan for Issue 01.   If you enjoy writing, have a great idea for an article or have a flare for design, consider this an invite.   😉

I may be able to contribute to the magazine too. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Here is the Club VCS Fanzine segment from last night's show. This video has been edited slightly from the original airing; I did share the link in the chat. I apologize in advance for any errors during the segment; I've been juggling personal matters, one of which I talked about at the end of the show.

I can say that the fanzine segment was well-received by the viewers. They pointed out the 1980s style and layout.

Enjoy the segment!

On 10/7/2023 at 1:16 AM, Sabertooth said:

Welcome to the Club VCS:  The Atari VCS Fanzine Issue 01!

The Club VCS Fanzine is an extension of the Club VCS subforum here at Atari I/O.  The goal of the fanzine is to highlight some of the cool things going on in the world of the VCS and our little corner of the Atari fan community.  In this zine, you'll find interviews, community member spotlights, reviews, previews, and more! 

So hit the flipbook link to view online or download the PDF here.

A special thanks to @Justin for his encouragement, and @RickR and @Mockduck for their contributions. 

Best,

Sabertooth

CLUB VCS ISSUE 001 FINAL.png

@Sabertooth  I'm impressed, totally blown away actually.  I know and respect how much time and effort it takes to produce this kind of quality work.  You've earned a lot of respect from many people I'm sure.  I  simply cannot say, "Good job", I have to be totally honest here and say, "Totally awesome and noteworthy job."  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>