How many games do you own?

RickR

Not to see who has the biggest or anything, but I'm curious about how many individual games you all own.  My number is 1876 (which is down by about 10% over the last couple of years).  For me personally, this helps explain why I've slowed down so much on collecting and tried to focus more on playing. 

image.png

I have over 400 games for my systems. 316 are for the A2600 alone. I have almost every A7800 retail release except for Kung Fu Master. I have over 40 games for the Atari Lynx. I have about 20 for the Jaguar, retail and homebrew, CD and cartridge. I also have lots of game for the XEGS. I have at least 50 games for the XE. Probably more, but I never took a full inventory yet on that system. That's it for now. Thanks.

2 hours ago, DegasElite said:

I am also missing Tank Command and Water Ski for the A7800, by the way.

I have a CIB Water Ski. I don’t have Tank Command and won’t be adding any more originals to my collection. These days I only purchase homebrews. The only “complete” collection I have is my Starpath collection. 

This is my list but I'm sure it is missing some titles as this is only for official released games and doesn't include homebrews:

2600: 326

5200: 55

7800: 56

Jaguar: 21

Jaguar CD: 6

Lynx: 43

Coleco: 86

Intellivision: 81

Vectrex: 7

NES: 49

GameCube: 50

Wii: 101

Wii U: 20

SNES: 65

Sega 32x: 20

Sega CD: 8

Dreamcast: 72

Game Gear: 58

Sega Genesis/Megadrive: 342

Sega Master System: 57

Sega Saturn: 72

PS2: 49

PS3: 89

PS4: 41

But that is just mostly the console games and this doesn't include games I own for PC and other computers. As you can see it is mostly Atari and Sega heavy.

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

@RickR Those are some pretty incredible numbers! If you had to estimate, what percentage of them have you played/tried?  I have motive for asking that question - I'm ashamed at how many I have which have never been fired up, ha.

Some of my lists haven't been updated/verified in the last few years, so they may be off a little.  Lists don't include duplicates or digital purchases (not that there are very many of either).  Like sramirez, numbers include homebrews (but not bootleg/unauthorized romhacks, which I have none).  Per my most current records:

• 2600:  58 (and counting, ha)
  • Evercade:  28
  • NES:  3 (sold majority years ago)
  • SNES:  6 (sold majority years ago)
  • N64:  46
  • GameCube:  11 (sold majority years ago)
  • Wii:  3
  • WiiU:  10
  • GB:  56
  • GB/GBC:  33
  • GBC:  26
  • DS:  51
  • 3DS:  64
  • Switch:  104
  • Xbox:  329
  • X360:  42 (remaining; approx 50 more lost to theft years ago)
  • XB1/XSX:  124
  • PS1:  24
  • PS3:  3
  • PS4:  1
  • PS5:  3

For an estimated total of 1,025.  Since I asked, I'll also answer:  While it various from system to system, I estimate approximately 53.8% have been played for any length of time.  And that number is skewed down thanks to the period of hoarding bargain-bin Xbox and XB1 games. 

9 minutes ago, Smell Dawg said:

If you had to estimate, what percentage of them have you played/tried?

For the oldest era - Atari, Intellivision, Odyssey, Coleco...100%.  Middle era of NES/SNES/SMS/Genesis, I'm probably 30%.  And the later disc based systems....10%. 

Nintendo handhelds, I'm also up there around 80%.  I play those a lot when traveling. 

The main issue is time.  I work too much.  And taking care of the house and family is something I gladly prioritize over gaming. 

I'm at 4946. If I remove duplicates, it's probably 4850-4900. This number will decrease by about 1400 in a week or two after I sell most of my PS1, PS2, and PS4 games. I need to put together the down payment for a car that I'm getting for my wife's 50th birthday. I knew the day of game downsizing would come. It just started a few years earlier than anticipated is all.

I will probably shed most of my Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One games next. GameCube and maybe Wii games might follow. Just in terms of number of games, PlayStation and Xbox games make up the bulk of my collection. 

I have 325 2600 games including homebrews and some duplicates. Ahead of that are (in ascending order) Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS4, and PS2 (569 games).

As far as Atari systems are concerned, including homebrews and some duplicates:

• Atari 400/800 99
  • Atari 2600 325
  • Atari 5200 68
  • Atari 7800 90
  • Atari Jaguar 31
  • Atari Lynx 34
  • Atari ST 4

I'm currently showing 718 games in my collection and counting

• 2600 - 70
  • 5200 - 30
  • 7800 - 36
  • Jaguar - 47
  • Jaguar CD - 17
  • Intellivision - 49
  • Xbox - 23
  • Xbox 360 - 67
  • Neo Geo AES - 3
  • Neo Geo CD - 10
  • NES - 17
  • N64 - 7
  • GC - 4
  • Switch - 5
  • Wii - 26
  • 32X - 1
  • Dreamcast - 13
  • Genesis - 29
  • PS1 - 45
  • PS2 - 64
  • PS3 - 5
  • TG16 - 15
  • Lynx - 72
  • NGPC - 7
  • DS - 9
  • GBA - 7
  • GBC - 3
  • Game Gear - 16
  • PSP - 2

I'll have to check but that Jaguar number seems a bit light.  I thought I had a full original run of those carts except for Zoop.  A number of other systems look light to me too, but maybe not.  I think I have too many game systems LOL!  I need to trim that down and just buy games for the ones I play the most.

23 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I have 2509 games for various systems. I've not counted how many for each one, though.  I'd need to do that.  🙂

I'd highly recommend the Gameye app.  It keeps my entire catalog in the palm of my hand.  Once you catalog your collection, it's pretty quick and easy to maintain and very easy to see what you have at a glance.  Gameye keeps me from spending money on games that I already have, that way I can make more productive buys.

12 hours ago, Neon Wraith said:

I'd highly recommend the Gameye app.  It keeps my entire catalog in the palm of my hand.  Once you catalog your collection, it's pretty quick and easy to maintain and very easy to see what you have at a glance.  Gameye keeps me from spending money on games that I already have, that way I can make more productive buys.

I use an Excel spreadsheet with a separate tab for each system, and then a summary page that adds them all up for me.  I'm guessing the cloud based apps like Gameye have a lot more features...but I was collecting before any of that existed and came up with the Excel solution then.  But you are totally right, it does help buying duplicates.

image.png

On 11/4/2023 at 9:58 PM, Neon Wraith said:

I actual use Gameye. That is how I got those numbers pretty quickly. I only listed what I appear to have with most value according to gameye. I'm actually at just over 2100 games total according to the app.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

On 11/5/2023 at 7:19 AM, RickR said:

I use an Excel spreadsheet with a separate tab for each system, and then a summary page that adds them all up for me.  I'm guessing the cloud based apps like Gameye have a lot more features...but I was collecting before any of that existed and came up with the Excel solution then.  But you are totally right, it does help buying duplicates.

image.png

I do the same and save it to a Google share drive so have it any time I need it when out shopping.

14 minutes ago, RickR said:

I wonder if Gameeye allows import of data from a spreadsheet.  The idea of having it give the value would be interesting to me.  Set up a notification that if any game goes over $100 in value...SELL!  🙂 

I have debated using these apps or services as they do have benefits that my spreadsheet method does not.  

Only thing I don't like about using an App or service is if disappears one day have to redo it.   Does Gameeye let you export?

I use CLZ Games. I also use CLZ Movies for my DVD/Blu-Ray/4K collection. I bought them before they converted to subscription services, so I'm grandfathered in. Two biggest reasons why I use the apps are cross-platform availability (I access the app from phone, tablet, PC) and data export feature (CSV). The CLZ apps go on sale every year around Black Friday. I think that brings it down to $10 or $15 per year.

I dabbled with a spreadsheet before I moved to the app. I stopped because I already had a sizable collection and entering the games in the spreadsheet was a big pain. With the app, I can scan barcodes or search their cloud DB to facilitate.

I also dabbled with GameEye a few years ago. I decided against it because I could only access the data from my phone. It didn't have cloud sync back then for multi-platform use. Perhaps it does so now. However, if I didn't already purchase CLZ Games, I would probably go with GameEye since it's free and enjoys wide support (I think).

3 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

I have debated using these apps or services as they do have benefits that my spreadsheet method does not.  

Only thing I don't like about using an App or service is if disappears one day have to redo it.   Does Gameeye let you export?

Yes...it does. though I've not used it specifically.

Once you open the app there is an additional menu that has an export option. From there you choose if you want to create a restore point. (Needed if you want to have the app on more than one device as it doesn't sync between devices). or export out as a spreadsheet.

That said, I've not seen an Import option so even if you have the spreadsheet they provide, It doesn't look like you can alter that and up it back to the app.

Edited by CrossBow