Bill & Ted 3

Justin

This would be totally awesome.  But like so many sequels these days....what the heck takes them so long?

Think about it...Bladerunner, Star Wars (with original cast), Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, etc.  They waited 20+ years in most cases, and by then the momentum was gone, and the actors had aged considerably. 

You just have to respect something like the Back to the Future trilogy, which went ahead and filmed parts 2 and 3 back to back, and then closed the book.  No more sequels. 

One good reboot I can think of is Batman.  I think the Christian Bale "Dark Knight" series is much better than what came before. 

Star Trek is another.  I can't say it's better than before, but at least it brought new life and new fans to Star Trek. 

As far as sequels, Star Wars is a really fascinating one.  Watching episodes 7 and 8 really makes me wish they'd done these BEFORE episodes 1 - 3 were made, as the OG cast is really old.  They still get the job done, but it makes me sad to think of the missed opportunities. 

It's one thing to have a delayed sequel when the main characters were already adults in the original.

I'm not sure how Bill & Ted 3 can work when the originals featured them as immature teens. If you mature them, they lose a lot of the fun of the first two movies, but if they are still just as immature in 50 year old bodies, then it becomes kind of sad.

Don't get me wrong: I like the Bill & Ted characters and I want this movie to end up being good, but I'm not sure how they can pull it off.

Personally I think Ghostbusters 3 will have a better chance pulling off the late sequel thing.

Oh, and I kinda liked the Robocop reboot. 

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I had just made a topic about the trailer when I noticed this thread so I will simply paste my reaction. 

Happy for actor Alex Winter, nice Keanu remembers the movie that helped launch his career, yes he did other things before but let's face it average person thinks of Bill & Ted. PARTY ON DUDES ! 🎸🥳

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

On 1/20/2019 at 10:34 PM, RickR said:

This would be totally awesome.  But like so many sequels these days....what the heck takes them so long?

Think about it...Bladerunner, Star Wars (with original cast), Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, etc.  They waited 20+ years in most cases, and by then the momentum was gone, and the actors had aged considerably. 

You just have to respect something like the Back to the Future trilogy, which went ahead and filmed parts 2 and 3 back to back, and then closed the book.  No more sequels. 

The same was done with the LotR series.  All three films....back to back...done.