I have the most handsome looking Atari Jaguar in the world

Justin

I changed up the look of my Jaguar for this year. I think this gives the Atari Jaguar a stunning high-tech look. It's a minor change that makes all the difference in the world. On my original Jaguar that I received the day it was released in November, 1993, I changed out the red power button for the clear power button from my Coleco Chameleon Atari Jaguar console. (Clear shell with NOS Jaguar motherboard placed inside). I've seen the white dental consoles, the painted and modded ones, but for me this is hands down the most handsome look I've seen on the Jaguar.

I just moved into a new home and have been setting up my living room. I was using the clear one as my "main" Jaguar, but felt like a change this year. I swapped out the buttons and love the handsome and high-tech looking results! The clear button looks like a "jewel" placed into the face of the console, and it picks up the red glow from the power light really nicely. It's a cool effect.

I also took the opportunity to disassemble the Jaguar, give it a thorough cleaning inside and out including vacuuming dust from the "vents" at the back of the system, and soaking the plastic shells in water and Dawn overnight. (Notice the "LAW" initials/lettering written in paint pen on the underside of the shell. I wonder what this was about.) The Atari Jaguar came out looking like new! Then I added felt padded feet to the bottom of the Jaguar system so it could slide around more easily and not rub or scratch the wood in my credenza. 

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_1.jpg

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_2.jpg

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_3.jpg

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_4.jpg

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_5.jpg

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_6.jpg

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_7.jpg

handome_atari_jaguar_clear_button_8.jpg

That's cool, Justin. I used to have two Jaguars and two CD units. They all fritzed out on me and are needing refurbishing. Hey, Justin, you know a lot on Atari stuff. Where can a person refurb a Jag and CD unit at? I can name a few places, like Dragon's Hoard Gaming in Texas, maybe Best Electronics in California, but I was wondering. Do you or anybody here have that pertinent information? I would be grateful. Thanks. :O)

Just now, BlackCatz40 said:

That's cool, Justin.

THANKS @BlackCatz40🙌 😀

1 minute ago, BlackCatz40 said:

I used to have two Jaguars and two CD units. They all fritzed out on me and are needing refurbishing.

Yikes! Don't get rid of them. I'm sure they can be fixed up.

2 minutes ago, BlackCatz40 said:

Hey, Justin, you know a lot on Atari stuff.

I've heard those rumors too. I try.

2 minutes ago, BlackCatz40 said:

Where can a person refurb a Jag and CD unit at? I can name a few places, like Dragon's Hoard Gaming in Texas, maybe Best Electronics in California

I don't have any personal experience with Dragon's Hoard Gaming in Texas but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call. I have personal experience with Brad at Best Electronics in California, and with Lance at @Video 61 in Minnesota. Both have serviced the Atari community for 30+ years. I don't know that Video 61 does any refurbishing anymore, but Best Electronics advertises "a Jaguar Cartridge connector Motherboard replacement service". I'm not sure that they will refurbish your Jaguar CD drives, it's possible. You may consider reaching out to all three.

The Best Electronics Atari Jaguar page can be found here: http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/jaguar.htm

The Best Electronics Atari Jaguar page states "Best Electronics does have a Jaguar Cartridge connector Motherboard replacement service.  Contact us via E-Mail: bestelec@bestelec.digitalspacemail8.net for details."

9 minutes ago, BlackCatz40 said:

but I was wondering. Do you or anybody here have that pertinent information? I would be grateful. Thanks. :O)

Recommendations from other Atari I/O Members would be terrific! :wreck-it-ralph:

4 minutes ago, RickR said:

One of these days, I'm going to get a Jaguar! 

Maybe we should do a Jaguar giveaway sometime in the forums! I'd have to get my hands on one first. The Jaguar has a limited library but there are some amazing games in there despite what anyone says.

5 minutes ago, RickR said:

Yours looks great! 

THANK YOU @RickR! Because of your help!

I've got a few carts (Where did YOU learn to fly?), but no console.  They just never seem to come up for a reasonable price.  I'll keep looking though. 

@BlackCatz40, for sure don't throw those out.  I'm sure they can be repaired.  There are Atari Jaguar groups on Facebook that you should consider asking. 

OOPS! I answered that in a similar way already. But, it is a good idea to get the word out to someone who can repair them. I can ask a few people. I know that eStarLand in Washington DC and Dragon's Hoard Gaming in Texas can repair Jaguars and the CD units. I really want them repaired, though. Eventually, when the pandemic abates, I might start to consider it seriously. :O)