RickR has joined the Atari Jaguar club!

RickR

Welcome to the world of Jaguar!  

If anyone has carts to sale or trade, please let me know!

Jaguar stuff is almost up there with the NEO*GEO stuff.  I'd recommend a few titles but they probably won't come cheap.  Definitely keep an eye out for Tempest 2000.  That's easily the Jag's top-dog.  

I've never played Pinball Fantasies.  And I still play Cybermorph to this day.  One of my favorites on the console.

11 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I've never played Pinball Fantasies.  And I still play Cybermorph to this day.  One of my favorites on the console.

Stones 'n Bones is really the only digital pinball table anyone needs! Ruiner is also pretty good, but I always prefer to fire up Pin Fantasies when given the choice between the two. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

51 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

Stones 'n Bones is really the only digital pinball table anyone needs! Ruiner is also pretty good, but I always prefer to fire up Pin Fantasies when given the choice between the two. 

I started with the #1 table, which has a circus theme.  The game is fun, but the circus visuals and sounds are a little too creepy to me.  I'll go with the Stones n Bones one next.  Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

With the price of most of the better Jag titles, it might be worth getting a Jaguar Game Drive from RetroHQ. Here in the States they can be had from Atari Age or StoneAge Gamer. It's a great way to get the whole cart library, demos, homebrews, Protos and there is even (spotty) support for some CD games. 

Thank you.  That was on my list of things to consider.  I may have to save up for one of those, but it sure looks like it's worth it. 

2 hours ago, RickR said:

Thank you.  That was on my list of things to consider.  I may have to save up for one of those, but it sure looks like it's worth it. 

I don't have one but I'd recommend it.  Jaguar games are either hard to find or worth a LOT of money now...and those that sell them know this.  And it doesn't matter if the game is complete or not most of the time.

Still, the Jaguar is an awesome console to have.  I always did like how the console looked without the CD add-on.  Personally, I think it is the sleekest looking system ever made.  And even if the controllers are huge they are comfortable.

13 minutes ago, Clint Thompson said:

A'bit late to the congratulations party but... congratulations! 😄

How are you getting on with it?!

Oh hey!  Never too late; so good to see you here! 

I love the Jaguar a lot more than I thought I would.  I'm having fun with what I have so far and I'm really hoping to get a GameDrive if they become available again. 

6 minutes ago, RickR said:

Oh hey!  Never too late; so good to see you here! 

I love the Jaguar a lot more than I thought I would.  I'm having fun with what I have so far and I'm really hoping to get a GameDrive if they become available again. 

Awesome 🙂

I hear more are incoming in the next week so keep the eyes peeled! I still haven't picked up one myself!

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

If I could just find a reasonable priced Tempest 2000, even if it was just the cart, I'd be very happy. Easily the Jaguar's killer app. I*War and Iron Soldier as well. Power Drive Rally wasn't bad either but felt more like a 16-bit game instead of a Jaguar game.  Wolfenstein 3-D was different than the PC version while Doom was an exact port minus the music. I would recommend all those to anyone new to the Jaguar.  They are easy to pick up and play. 

10 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

If I could just find a reasonable priced Tempest 2000, even if it was just the cart, I'd be very happy. Easily the Jaguar's killer app. I*War and Iron Soldier as well. Power Drive Rally wasn't bad either but felt more like a 16-bit game instead of a Jaguar game.  Wolfenstein 3-D was different than the PC version while Doom was an exact port minus the music. I would recommend all those to anyone new to the Jaguar.  They are easy to pick up and play. 

Outside of loading up T2K on a flash cart, I am in the same boat. I'm not a collector these days and refuse to pay eBay prices for Jaguar games. No offense to any collectors if that's your thing to get into, I just can't... well, I refuse to do it. Especially in the tune of $100+ Sad too, to think that Best Electronics had them new for like $40 just a few years ago but now they're completely sold out.

I'll probably just burn one to a cart someday and throw it in a clear shell and slap on professionally printed label.

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

On 1/22/2022 at 9:26 PM, Clint Thompson said:

Awesome 🙂

I hear more are incoming in the next week so keep the eyes peeled! I still haven't picked up one myself!

I JUST ORDERED A JAGUAR GAMEDRIVE!  Sorry to yell, but I'm so excited.  From Stone Age Gamer.  Thanks again for the heads up.

Edited by RickR