Club VCS Creator Space

Sabertooth

Today on #NoFilterHD, I play #Failsafe, which was a 2009 #homebrew #game for the #Atari7800, originally for sale on #AtariAge! This game is by the #legendary #developer #BobDeCreszenzo (aka #Pac_Man_Plus on Atari Age!) He's made over 20 games for the #Atari #7800 & this one is a spiritual successor to the #Atari5200 #game, #Countermeasure! I #play the game & go over Bob's illustrious career thus far! Are you purchasing it? Support an indie dev & grab it for the #VCS today!

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // #Atari released their #reveal #trailer for #QuantumRecharged! This is the reworking of the 1982 #vector based space shooter #Arcade title! The #game is supposedly coming by this Fall to the #AtariVCS & various consoles & platforms, such as #Switch, #Steam, #PS5, #XBOX & more! Here's the short 30 second 'reveal trailer!' Let's take a quick look!

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // Today, #Atari revealed it's NEW #HauntedHouse #reveal #trailer! This is a reimagining of the 1981 classic #Atari2600 #game, Haunted House! The game is supposedly coming this Fall to #AtariVCS & Various Other Platforms, such as #Switch, #PS5, #Steam, #XBOX & more! Let's take a look!

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // @atari Announces New #Summer #Sale & #Website #Redesign! Let's Take a Look! Some items marked down to 25% off, including the #AtariVCS #AllInBundle for $249.99! Tees as low as $7.50! There's also a #website #redesign to gander at, too. I show you that. Plus, the #YTOTM (YouTuber of the Month Contest Update) on @therealbitwars Page for June 2023! Stay Tuned!

On this episode of #ThatAtariShow, my longtime #YouTube BFF Luke from #LukesAwakening (brother from another mother!) plays every single commercially released #AtariJaguar cartridge & #JagCD #game on his channel & we discuss his impressions here! Also: His honest #Zelda #TearsoftheKingdom #review as a big Zelda fan, content creation, being BFF's in a digital world & more!) This is Part 1 of a 2 part special. Join us!

So, yes, it's true. Sadly, I got #2ndplace for the #YouTuberoftheMonth contest on @therealbitwars page for June 2023! (But as you'll see, I'm good with it.) On this episode of #JavaJunction, I discuss how me losing was actually THE best thing that happened to #BCB! I got to spread the love far and wide, thanks to my buddy @mikesgaminggala ! And @RetroBlissGaming of course, and @BITDGaming too! So many awesome #vintagegaming #YouTubers I can't count. However, there are 5 new nominees for #YTOTM that I want you to check out! Their pages are below. Please also #VOTE in the July 2023 #YTOTM nom video, link below! Support my fellow #gamers & friends! They are truly fantastic creators & people! Thank you!

On this episode of NO FILTER HD, I play #Atari #VCS #Vault 1 again. On this part 2, I play the included #Atari #Arcade #Games! I guzzle down some joe & give my bloody commentary. These include: #Asteroids, #BlackWidow, #Centipede, #CrystalCastles, #Gravitar, #Liberator, #LunarLander, #MajorHavoc, #Millipede, #MissileCommand, #Pong, #RedBaron, #SpaceDuel, #Sprint, #SuperBreakout, #Tempest & #Warlords! Phew! A slew of #classic #Atarigames!

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. / #Atari Announces Strategic Partnership with #Playmaji, Creator of the #Polymega. Is this good for #VCS owners? What are we getting out of the deal beyond a Polymega app? I read the press release from Atari and discuss. Let me know what you think about this development down below! Will #AtariVCS users get a cart adapter, too? 

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // LATE NIGHT UPDATE!!! In a quick solo overnight Q&A with #Playmaji, more details about the #Atari & #Playmaji partnership come to light! According to #Polymega on #Twitter in our Q&A, we may soon have the ability to #digitize & #play our ENTIRE #Atari #game #cart #collections! Watch for more details! (And sorry I got my wires crossed earlier!) This is AMAZING!!

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // One more piece in the #Atari & #Playmaji #deal has come to light... Can we #TRUST #Playmaji (Creators of the #Polymega) to deliver on the new #Atari devices, that will allow us to digitize our #Atari2600 & #Atari7800 #games? Some concerns have come to light. I'm apprehensively still excited, but let me know what u think! PS I also listened to new viewer #feedback & shortened the intro! Let me know what you think! Thanks for your feedback & #support

On this episode of #NoFilter HD #SpecialEdition, I play #Turnament by Philip Lehner (Muddasheep on Twitter)! This game is a space puzzler (kind of like #minesweeper on steroids!) It's a fun game with a #leveleditor that you can share with friends on your #AtariVCS! It's also a great price! I go over the game, play it, guzzle coffee & chat! Let's dive in!

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // As of this week, with the release of #Turnament, the #AtariVCS has 95++ #games in its #gaming #library! This includes awesome games such as #Atari50 & #BPMBoy to #Guntech2, #YarsRecharged & much, much more! In this #Atari #Newsline update, I discuss the Atari #VCS nearing 100 #games in its lineup, which beats out all Atari #game #console titles since the #Atari2600!

1 hour ago, Ballistik said:

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // As of this week, with the release of #Turnament, the #AtariVCS has 95++ #games in its #gaming #library! This includes awesome games such as #Atari50 & #BPMBoy to #Guntech2, #YarsRecharged & much, much more! In this #Atari #Newsline update, I discuss the Atari #VCS nearing 100 #games in its lineup, which beats out all Atari #game #console titles since the #Atari2600!

So much for the naysayers. Lifelong Atari fans and gamers at large had every reason to be skeptical at first. It was a totally fair position at the time the VCS was announced given Atari's track record under Chesnais. Once the VCS launched and - particularly- with the advent of the Recharged series, it was clear Atari were trying to do right by the community. At this point, skeptics are just missing out. This is the most support any Atari console has had since the 2600. #facts

Edited by Sabertooth

2 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

So much for the naysayers. Lifelong Atari fans and gamers at large had every reason to be skeptical at first. It was a totally fair position at the time the VCS was announced given Atari's track record under Chesnais. Once the VCS launched and - particularly- with the advent of the Recharged series, it was clear Atari were trying to do right by the community. At this point, skeptics are just missing out. This is the most support any Atari console has had since the 2600. #facts

Exactly!!! Thank you Sabertooth! 😉 I was dying to put this video out to promote the VCS, and at first I thought I was wrong with 97, but if you take away all the gaming services listed under games (5, I had accounted for 3 of them) that takes the total to 95, plus the 2 that were pulled = 97 😉 glad i didn't have to change my video too much haha (I did retitle it 'nearly 100' just to be accurate in case I was not) Either way, A+ achievement for Atari!!! And you're so right on 😉

ATARI NEWSLINE / BREAKING NEWS // Welcome to Season 2 of ATARI NEWSLINE. (Promo for Summer 2023.) All the Latest #Atari #News! From the #2600 to the #VCS. New #Games & #Partnerships. From the #Jag to the #Lynx, to the #5200 to the #7800! Atari #8bitcomputers, too. New #gaming #trailers, information about #homebrews & much more! Don't delay! #Subscribe Today! It's #FREE. It's Fun! And all about Atari! (Theme: "Transhuman" by an Atari fan, too, Tony Longworth! Check him out!)

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // The Immortal John Hancock (@johnhancockretro) has released a NEW #game for the #AtariJaguar, #BlockEmSockEm! Grab it Today! Also: #Atari #Homebrew #Games on the #AtariVCS! I discuss why I think the #VCS is a perfect #gaming #console for #AtariHomebrews & #indie #games! What do u think? Plus: #DoodleTaxi on #Steam & updates for it on the way for your VCS!

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // #DoodleTaxi gets a new #soundtrack (with music from friend of this show, @ObsidianContraption and many others!) The music is fantastic! I play some snippets of each of the tracks shown on his page! (Check out his YT page for more!) Also, the game by @metgangames is headed for #Steam in about a month (with an #AtariVCS update to follow.)

On this episode of #ThatAtariShow, Luke from @lukesawakening69 on #YouTube! In Part 2, Luke discusses more #Atari #Jaguar #games, his #faves & not-so-faves! Plus: Is Luke hard to please? 😉 We discuss content creation, #NES, #N64, childhood #gaming experiences that shaped us & more! (This is Part 2 of a 2 part interview; please check out part 1 last episode prior to watching this one if you'd like.) What is Luke's final conclusion on the entire Jag game library? Also, what's in store for his cool channel?

It's 7/11! Know what that means? It's time for #JavaJunction!! This episode, I discuss #AtariAge getting out of the #unlicensed #Atari #homebrew #sales biz AND what this means for homebrew collectors & lovers as well as for #AtariVCS fans! There are many sides to this story! Plus: It was announced today that the #Microsoft Acquisition of #Activision #Blizzard is nearing #approval! What does this mean for #Atari and #Activision #game fans, and #gaming in general?

ATARI NEWSLINE. BREAKING NEWS. // Yes, it's true! Grab your crown #jewels!!! #MontezumasRevenge is coming soon to the #AtariVCS! This 1984 #game was created by #RobJaeger when he was all of 16 years old for the #ParkerBrothers! I show a clip of my #interview with him last November, where he talks about being 'in talks' with #Atari! Check out the old #trailer (from 1984) vs. the new (the latest version on #Steam) by #NormalDistribution! Check it out...

ATARI NEWSLINE. // ATARI VCS HOW-TO #1: How to #Flash the #Bios on your #AtariVCS! This is a #video from my good friend #Davpa at #Atari on how to resolve the issue where your #VCS may be stuck in an endless loop. This #HowTo is especially helpful for new #Atari #VCS owners who find they can't create an account or even go online, or who are stuck in an endless loop. Watch this video & follow the directions carefully. (Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage done to your unit, please reach out to Atari VCS #Discord for more assistance!) Thank you.