Squad Challenge - Burgertime (MAME)

Justin

squad_challenge_text_purple_flat_w_logo.

Burgertime
MAME
Controller: JOYSTICK / KEYBOARD / PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Default
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / Emulation OK! ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST September 30th, 2022
Nominated by @Atari Creep

Objective

Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or YouTube video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between September 15th through September 30th, 2022. Screen captures are not allowed as they are more easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

Eligibility

Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

Play Rules

Games may be played on real hardware, Flashback / Mini console, or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following all rules and game settings defined in the challenge. Choosing between real hardware or emulation, and choosing which controller to play on is part of formulating your strategy. Enhancements, rewinds and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level

We are playing the original arcade classic Burgertime using default settings.

Fair Play

Your integrity is everything. Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that we will not allow cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, rewinds, deceitful photo manipulation, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage. Everybody hates a cheater.

More

To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: 

Welcome to our 135th Squad Challenge!!! For this challenge we're playing one of the most iconic arcade games of all time - Burgertime! We are primarily playing Burgertime on MAME, but feel free to play Burgertime on the original arcade cabinet, multigame cabinet, Evercade, or any other method you'd like - so long as you're playing the original arcade version of Burgertime. NES, Intellivision, ColecoVision, and any other version of Burgertime that is not the original arcade version is not accepted. Are you ready to drop those patties, dodge aggressive ketchup and flee from salt and pepper shakers? I hope you all have fun, and good luck to everybody participating!

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

3 hours ago, RickR said:

14850.  I don't know about you guys, but I find myself fighting the controls on this one.  A lot of times, it just won't go in the direction I want.

I played this on the Evercade VS and I had problems with the controls as well.  I lost lives because I got stuck due to control issues, something that makes me livid!  LOL 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

3 hours ago, RickR said:

14850.  I don't know about you guys, but I find myself fighting the controls on this one.  A lot of times, it just won't go in the direction I want. 

bt 001.JPG

I also experienced control issues playing this on Antstream. Mind you, I was never good at this game, but I don't need bad controls to make me even worse!

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Greenween!

Congratulations to our "Mayor" @greenween for becoming our Arcade Burgertime Squad Champion! Greenween came back in force to take the top spot in our Final Standings with the saltiest score of 30,950 points. Way to go Greenween! Two other Atari I/O OGs joined us for this Squad Challenge, @Atari 5200 Guy claims 2nd Place on the board with an impressive 18,000 points, and @RickR puts the pepper on top, right on Atari 5200 taking the 3rd spot in our Final Standings with his score of 17,400 points. As always I'd like to encourage @greenween to  post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Apologies for my lack of participation as I've been evacuated with Hurricane Ian. On any MAME Squad Challenge, any original or authentic ROM is acceptable. That usually includes Evercade releases, many "Collection" releases, and of course MAME and the original Arcade hardware. A good rule of thumb to ask yourself "Is this game close enough to the original ROM to play without antagonizing the rest of the community and making myself look like a cheater?" Remember, we're all just playing for fun and to have a good time playing these games with each other, so as long as it's the original ROM or indistinguishable from the original ROM you would be in good shape. Submitting a score for NES or Intellivision Burgertime wouldn't cut it. Congratulations again to our "Mayor" Greenween for another BIG WIN, and a huge congratulations to our wonderful community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun playing in our latest NES Squad Challenge!

Special "Thank You" to everyone here for keeping the Squad Challenge going, and to @Sabertooth who is doing yeoman's work continuously hosting wonderful Squad Challenges and other fun events in our new Club VCS!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad is one of the greatest Atari 2600 games of all time. Be there!

large.final_standings_mame_burgertime.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Congratulations to everyone and way to go @greenween! I really wanted to join in on this one but between work and my 7 week year-old, I didn't get to Burgertime.

If you like classic arcade action in the vein of Burgertime, Donkey Kong Jr. and Popeye, I highly recommend popping over to ClubVCS to check out our October challenge: Donut Dodo.