Anybody still playing Atari Lynx?

Lynx15

I have both the Lynx I and II models. I got them for collector's purposes. I searched high and low for them. It took a while, but I got them and almost the entire retail Lynx game collection over a period of time. It's impressive, at least to me. Thanks for letting me share. :O)

Edited by DegasElite

I got a Lynx II when I was in medical school.  It was discounted at Kay-Bee Toys (remember them?) and I got several games with it at the same time.  I gradually grew the collection and now I have a complete collection.  I was smarter when I got it and I kept all the boxes! 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

I am here! Hello 🙂
I got my Atari Lynx II a few years ago. It was payment towards some repair work i did. 
The Lynx needed a new screen like many handhelds now a days. Had lines showing up.
So i replaced it with the bennVenn screen from 
BennVenn's Shop. Its a very nice upgrade! It has different brightness & scanlines. Really neat!
After that i recorded some high scores.
Here's my Klax score with the new screen.

MGSSq5nSDwyzhO1x4GNI0gDBkpJQ03KTnUR2qOjr.jpg

I'm here too!

I found a Lynx 1 with case at a goodwill probably around 2002 or so.  At that point, I collected a few games.  When I learned about the Lynx 2 and its better screen, I decided to buy a nice refurb unit from Best Electronics.  I loved that one so much, I sold off the Lynx 1 and bought more games.  After a few years, I sent the Lynx 2 off to have the McWill screen put in, and it's still working perfectly today.  And finally, I got the Lynx SD card cart and now I can play all the games. 

Here is a pic of the collection. 

Lynx 2016-06-26 001.JPG

Edited by RickR

12 hours ago, DegasElite said:

I have both the Lynx I and II models. I got them for collector's purposes. I searched high and low for them. It took a while, but I got them and almost the entire retail Lynx game collection over a period of time. It's impressive, at least to me. Thanks for letting me share. :O)

Wow, pretty cool. keep going and finish that collection while games are still available to find, I know its getting hard finding then. please share your finished collection. thanks for sharing your story.

12 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I got a Lynx II when I was in medical school.  It was discounted at Kay-Bee Toys (remember them?) and I got several games with it at the same time.  I gradually grew the collection and now I have a complete collection.  I was smarter when I got it and I kept all the boxes! 

Nice, I was 12 years old and I threw all my boxes and manuals away what a big mistake. Pretty cool you have a box collection, i have only the games and the lynx systems. congrats.

10 hours ago, OniDensetsu said:

I am here! Hello 🙂
I got my Atari Lynx II a few years ago. It was payment towards some repair work i did. 
The Lynx needed a new screen like many handhelds now a days. Had lines showing up.
So i replaced it with the bennVenn screen from 
BennVenn's Shop. Its a very nice upgrade! It has different brightness & scanlines. Really neat!
After that i recorded some high scores.
Here's my Klax score with the new screen.

MGSSq5nSDwyzhO1x4GNI0gDBkpJQ03KTnUR2qOjr.jpg

Pretty awesome story, Glad you were able to put a new screen on that lynx. Am not a tech guy so I had to paid a guy to install a new screen for me but it was worth every penny. also nice high score on klax am ok but not that good. 

10 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I got a lynx 2 in 1996.  I traded in some old games for one unit with California Games, Joust, A.P.B., and MS Pac-Man.  

Nice, I wanted a Game Gear for my birthday but ended up getting a lynx when my mom took me to toysrus for the gamegear. The Atari lynx just blew my mind and am glad I made that decision. My first game was blue lightning then Toki which are some of my favorite games today. 

10 hours ago, RickR said:

I'm here too!

I found a Lynx 1 with case at a goodwill probably around 2002 or so.  At that point, I collected a few games.  When I learned about the Lynx 2 and its better screen, I decided to buy a nice refurb unit from Best Electronics.  I loved that one so much, I sold off the Lynx 1 and bought more games.  After a few years, I sent the Lynx 2 off to have the McWill screen put in, and it's still working perfectly today.  And finally, I got the Lynx SD card cart and now I can play all the games. 

Here is a pic of the collection. 

Lynx 2016-06-26 001.JPG

Amazing collection, and nice on getting that lynx sd card I been thinking about getting one. I had the Lynx model 2 first then i found the model 1 but I prefer the model 2 so much better. I see you have steel talons i play that game for hours It is an amazing game on the lynx. 

Wow lovely collection @Lynx15! You surely do live up to your user handle.

I was gaming on the Game Boy when the Lynx (and Game Gear) were introduced. Because of their size and concerns about battery use, I didn't look too much into them.

I did get a Lynx II a couple of years ago, so I could have the Atari handheld in my collection. I do have a few games and homebrews from Songbird. I also have the Lynx flashcart from Retro HQ.

1 hour ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I'm a hunting down Rygar.  I liked the NES version but the Lynx was true to the arcade game.  It didn't make it into something it wasn't.

I have a CIB Rygar that I got via trade here on the forums.  A prized possession, I won't ever move it.  You are totally on-point with this.  The Lynx version of Rygar is really good and they kept it true to the arcade version. 

Good luck in your hunt.  Hopefully, it isn't too hard to find.

9 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I'm a hunting down Rygar.  I liked the NES version but the Lynx was true to the arcade game.  It didn't make it into something it wasn't.

Best of luck on your hunt.  I've had this game since the early days of the Lynx and it really well done.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Yep, I still play the Lynx. I've only had mine a couple of years. Upon purchasing my 1st Lynx II, I immediatley sent it to Ivory Tower Collections for the McWill LCD kit upgrade. I have 29 actual carts (mix of original and homebrew) as well as, the GameDrive and AgaCart multicarts. My thanks to all of the past and current devs that continue to support this device. 🙂 

Lynx II_Assembloids.jpeg

I don't play either of my two Lynx systems as much as I would like. Lack of time honestly. But I do have over 40 games for the system along with my AgaCart I purchased a few years back. I think some of my favorites on the system would be Xenophobe, Paperboy, Rygar, Zarlor Mercenary, and Xybots!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections