Introducing MUTINY COMMUNITY ⑆ A New Web Hub to Explore Atari I/O

Justin

It's MUTINY ! Good stuff JUSTIN ! 😁Unrelated pic I found amusing 😝

d28876b6dc33aa67abd15607c8ba1fb77341ed0a44be18e1c486585b21840d28_1.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

16 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Sounds cool!

I hope it turns out to be cool AND convenient! 😛

11 hours ago, Jinroh said:

Very cool, definitely gonna check it out. Very cool idea @Justin. 😁

THANK YOU @Jinroh this has been in the works for quite a while. I'll have to share the story. And major credit to Rob A.K.A. @MaximumRD who helped me get the origins of this started in 2010, and was there again in January, 2022 along with @RickR and @Sabertooth when I was asking questions and seeking out ideas.

11 hours ago, RickR said:

Everyone is welcome.  Check it out! 

ABSOLUTELY! The Mutiny Community page is a fun way to invite people to check in on Atari I/O every day - just like Atari Day, invite them to visit or make it their homepage :nintendo_mario_1up:

11 hours ago, RickR said:

Check it out! 

YES 🙌

11 hours ago, MaximumRD said:

It's MUTINY ! Good stuff JUSTIN ! 😁Unrelated pic I found amusing 😝

HAHA thank you @MaximumRD and for all the laughs and inspiration, and for always being there along the way. 

One thing I'm most excited about with the Mutiny Community page is Swapmeet! (an obvious homage to Halt and Catch Fire) There are two Swapmeet boxes on the Mutiny page - the main one prominently featured under the Yahoo! search bar, and the second one featured like "classified ads" on the sidebar to the right. Both boxes work as an aggregator to skim the surface of what's new in the multitude of Marketplace forums - including Wanted, For Sale, Ebay, and Trading Post - and displays the most recent results from across the board. It's my hope this will enhance the trading experience and give a lot more value to posting trades here, and make us a place you want to go to buy, sell and trade with friends!

Swapmeet is one of those simple things that makes the Mutiny page so useful - at a glance you can see everything going on in our community quickly, in many aspects even better than on the activity stream page alone.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

One thing I'm most excited about with the Mutiny Community page is Swapmeet! (an obvious homage to Halt and Catch Fire) There are two Swapmeet boxes on the Mutiny page - the main one prominently featured under the Yahoo! search bar, and the second one featured like "classified ads" on the sidebar to the right. Both boxes work as an aggregator to skim the surface of what's new in the multitude of Marketplace forums - including Wanted, For Sale, Ebay, and Trading Post - and displays the most recent results from across the board. It's my hope this will enhance the trading experience and give a lot more value to posting trades here, and make us a place you want to go to buy, sell and trade with friends!

Swapmeet is one of those simple things that makes the Mutiny page so useful - at a glance you can see everything going on in our community quickly, in many aspects even better than on the activity stream page alone.

Agreed! It is very handy to have everything at a glance. Definitely making my homepage. Thank you for that great new feature to the site! 👌

Free to download--> Carrot Kingdom™- :atari_2600: - Released 5/11/2021

Screen Shot 2023-08-20 at 2.41.57 PM.png

I'm continuing to refine the Mutiny homepage to be tight, informative and feature-rich. Today I added a "Recent Pickups" box to the sidebar towards the top (overall) of the page.

What's neat is the "Recent Pickups" box acts as an aggregator, pulling from both the "Post your latest/recent pickups!" thread as well as the "Recent Pickups -- (Non Gaming)" thread, to display the two most recent posts across both topics!

A larger "Recent Pickups" box was added to the main section of the Mutiny page, down towards the bottom, that displays the two most recent posts more fully and allows you to easily "like" and respond. Now there are two ways to quickly see the latest of what's going on in Recent Pickups in Atari I/O as you scroll through Mutiny 📟

:pow_big:

https://forums.atari.io/swapmeet/

Swapmeet received it's own page today! Think of Swapmeet as Craigslist for Atari I/O where you can trade with trusted friends :wreck-it-ralph: We've added an additional page to Mutiny just for Swapmeet, which is linked in the navigation menu at the top of the page under "BROWSE" where "Marketplace" used to be. The Swapmeet page acts as an aggregator, pulling from across Atari I/O to display the 25 most recent listings in our Wanted, For Sale, Ebay, and Trading Post forums, and includes quick links to popular Atari vendors. It's my hope this will enhance the trading experience and give a lot more value to posting trades here, and make Atari I/O a fun destination to buy, sell and trade with friends! The Swapmeet boxes on the Mutiny Community home page will always be there to give, at a glance, a quick overview of what's for sale and trade on our site. The Marketplace Forums will continue to function the same as always, with Swapmeet providing an aggregated view of everything for sale and trade in one place. Enjoy!