Atari acquired AtariAge

GRay Defender

Now that the AtariAge forums are down, @Justin you should start pushing this forum as a replacement for the AA forums!!!

image.png.483dab41aa8d0a8bcf883139e3c02634.png

Edited by Arenafoot

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

30 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

Now that the AtariAge forums have shut down, @Justin you should start pushing this forum as a replacement for the AA forums!!!

image.png.483dab41aa8d0a8bcf883139e3c02634.png

Oh that's flattering. We're just a quiet little Atari outpost way out here on the edge of cyberspace :mac_pirate:

Our site has always been its own thing, we've peacefully co-existed for some time and to even claim we are a "replacement" would send the wrong message to Albert as well as being an outright lie. Regarding the current state of atariage, it is by no means "shut down" while it's currently displaying an error it is a separate issue that is nothing more than bad timing. Here is a message Albert has linked to a RED WARNING BANNER on the main site just for information for those having an issue connecting. 

Albert sent this out to members in bulk as well.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 195741.png

Edited by MaximumRD

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

MS Edge will let you in, but Google Chrome will not....

image.png.875b362a21414140fbbc7820f7c7a10b.png

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

1 hour ago, MaximumRD said:

Our site has always been its own thing, we've peacefully co-existed for some time and to even claim we are a "replacement" would send the wrong message to Albert as well as being an outright lie. Regarding the current state of atariage, it is by no means "shut down" while it's currently displaying an error it is a separate issue that is nothing more than bad timing. Here is a message Albert has linked to a RED WARNING BANNER on the main site just for information for those having an issue connecting. 

Albert sent this out to members in bulk as well.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 195741.png

Wow. I feel bad for those guys. I've had to deal with similar issues. It's always a nightmare. Their host should never have allowed that SSL to happen. I thought they were just transitioning some backend stuff over the weekend now that Atari is involved. I'm sure they'll have this fixed shortly. Godspeed, AA.

47 minutes ago, Justin said:

Wow. I feel bad for those guys. I've had to deal with similar issues. It's always a nightmare. Their host should never have allowed that SSL to happen. I thought they were just transitioning some backend stuff over the weekend now that Atari is involved. I'm sure they'll have this fixed shortly. Godspeed, AA.

It happened only once before a while back on a weekend and so took 24 hours to resolve the issue and yes it is INVISIONS responsibility to prevent such problems. Service is garbage with so many things these days, like how hard is it to have a notification in place as a reminder tickets are due to expire and resolve it before it happens? The fact that it has happened before is even more a reason they should have been more prepared, like literally the hosts job. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

34 minutes ago, MaximumRD said:

It happened only once before a while back on a weekend and so took 24 hours to resolve the issue and yes it is INVISIONS responsibility to prevent such problems. Service is garbage with so many things these days, like how hard is it to have a notification in place as a reminder tickets are due to expire and resolve it before it happens? The fact that it has happened before is even more a reason they should have been more prepared, like literally the hosts job. 

I can't complain about them, they've been very good to us. It's the disintegration of Wordpress that gave me the biggest headache and IT bill.

While I like the positive attitude regarding the latest event, I cannot follow here. Besides words, Atari has not proven that it values the community. Besides paying money for it. 

And even lately has done numerous law actions against us. The store purge is only one of them. Watch the latest stream of ZPH when James gets emotional regarding Mr Jump and Run. 

That's the moment he realizes (again?) that an era has ended. And that's how I see it too.

I hear some over there are proselytizing the "don't fragment the community" mantra when others question the future of the site.  I really don't see how it would fragment anything, some users here are also users over there.  Many AtariAge users visit other sites, but they still use AtariAge.  Going to a different site is no different than going to a different sub-forum, it's instantaneous.  I don't like like it when people try to influence others from seeing what other places have to offer or to discourage them from participating in forums elsewhere.  Freedom of choice and to enjoy the freedom to explore to see new things and participate anywhere in ones hobby is what it's all about. 

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

12 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I hear some over there are proselytizing the "don't fragment the community" mantra when others question the future of the site.  I really don't see how it would fragment anything, some users here are also users over there.  Many AtariAge users visit other sites, but they still use AtariAge.  Going to a different site is no different than going to a different sub-forum, it's instantaneous.  I don't like like it when people try to influence others from seeing what other places have to offer or to discourage them from participating in forums elsewhere.  Freedom of choice and to enjoy the freedom to explore to see new things and participate anywhere in ones hobby is what it's all about. 

That's fine as long as this place doesn't get also toxic from the same gatekeepers...

On 9/11/2023 at 7:17 AM, MistaMaddog said:

That's fine as long as this place doesn't get also toxic from the same gatekeepers...

Simply not possible as we have dealt with many such people over time and will continue to enforce the rules of conduct here. A lot goes on here behind the scenes believe me. Anyone exhibiting any type of "gatekeeper" behaviour here is quick to realize it is not tolerated and this is not the community to try it. END OF. We welcome all equally but are very strict about extinguishing any cross-forum drama if someone has a bad history elsewhere that is known, we are wary of such people and do monitor them perhaps a little closer 😉 but in the end, all will be judged by their own merits, all are expected to conduct themselves according to HOUSE RULES (see link below) so, anyone who hasn't yet would do well to familiarize themselves with them, I do not think it's particularly difficult to be a productive contributing and positive member here, by the same token we will not become the "Island of Misfit toys" of forums either. 

Edited by MaximumRD

- M. Bison