Video games & Computer Print Ads from back in the day

MaximumRD

Like the System 32 that @MaximumRD posted, I really liked the look of those all in one designs.  But of course there is no competition when classed against the new multi-monitor systems people have on their desks today.  But have you noticed, that a woman's BIG HAIR just screams mid 1980's.

tumblr_ppyeb08Fja1tsaeqzo1_1280.png

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

StevieWonder.jpg.84685496546c0a23a7166c65a2ff1398.jpg

TSK TSK you can't sneak it by, nice try! Man, this parody has been around a long time. 

BatmanNopeGIF.gif 

Anywho just came to drop this one. ! IF I POST ANY MORE THAN ONCE AND SOMEONE NOTICES LET ME KNOW! SO MANY ARE BEING POSTED I MIGHT NOT KEEP TRACK! 😛🤷‍♂️

s-l1600.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

7 hours ago, TrekMD said:

This is my last batch of retro adverts...

CVBetter.jpg.9cf26c1eced1a7bde25acf3bde701b31.jpg

You got my personal favourite of it's time in there! 🤩

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Looking back, we all learned the term "Home Computer" either meant cheaply made, corners cut or less powerful than other computers you could buy... if you had the money.  Advertising/Marketing people have been using target phrases for years.   If my memory still serves me well enough, I think that phrase faded away around the time the PC market was coming out with their first VGA cards and PC's, due to competition were starting to get more reasonable in price.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Originally an overpriced computer, TI blew it on so many levels with what could have been a major contender, it was not until decades later people were able to find out what this machine was actually capable of doing.  From the CPU situation, to the coffee cup warmer joke, to the electrical plug issue, the mistake of trying to keep owners locked in-house with their lousy software and charging astronomical prices for peripherals kind of blew it.  Heck, their spokesman didn't even hold up over time.  The TI didn't really start taking off until the rebates could get people the console for $50.00, with the hopes of nailing them on the accessories.  In the end, when they dropped out of the market, and prices fell on the addon's, did the TI did get a little more popular as those with the "In for a penny, in for a Pound" mentality and those who were already locked in financially started expanding.  In the end though, it's still a "Home Computer", namely a hobby box for old school gamers, those into hardware and software enthusiasts development and course those with nostalgia.

c5e78fdbbed9eefde807fe7acd2a2950.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>