Video games & Computer Print Ads from back in the day

MaximumRD

So noticing the prices are in pounds, does this mean in the UK the 2600 Jr. came with 7800 ProLine style controllers? 🤔

394632554_10161207314833330_7670301226505865808_n.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Hmm, that is a good question.  I don't know the answer but I would not be surprised.  You may recall that Atari had a version of those joysticks for the 2600 here in the US.  They were completely black, however.  I'm not sure what these were called.  I know it is not Space Age as I have those and they look entirely different.

Atari2600SpaceAgeJoysticks.jpg.fa1db7224485f9381a221345cb10999c.jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

26 minutes ago, MaximumRD said:

397452581_10161761848458109_2385090427536460622_n.jpg

Look kids!  If you pay us $15.00 we will send you a T-Shirt so you can go around and be a walking billboard for us, at your expense, while we reap the benefits!  We'll also send you advertising for the next six months, so we can entice you to spend more with us.  "Membership" only lasts six months because after that you'll have figured out that you've been ripped off.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

23 minutes ago, Smell Dawg said:

Business model that still works to this very day 🧡

Sad, but so true!  If somebody wanted me to walk around and advertise for them, they would have to give me the shirt and PAY me to wear it.  Even as a kid I could never understand paying $125.00 for pair of jeans just so I could advertise somebody's name on my azz, when I could pay only $25.00 and have no name on my azz.  Same thing when I bought my car, when I went back to the dealership to get my license plates, I had already purchased new frames to go around the plates, the salesman said, "Not using our FREE frames?"  I replied, "Oh the FREE advertising for you?  Not unless you pay me."  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Oh come on. 

Anyone who signed up for the Atarian club and got those items...guess what?  The collection would be worth quite a bit today due to rarity.  Don't believe me?  Go look up the wallet that came with Atari "Superman".  A complete boxed Superman (with wallet) is worth well over $100 today. 

3 hours ago, RickR said:

A complete boxed Superman (with wallet) is worth well over $100 today. 

Sad, but true. M*A*S*H with the T-Shirt always commands big bucks. Although, this seller is asking a bit much. https://www.ebay.com/itm/363805494434?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=f2hmbL80S86&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by sramirez2008