Video games & Computer Print Ads from back in the day

MaximumRD

Back in the day or even in my collection years I have never owned one of these or any of the PONG-type consoles before the Atari 2600. An interesting time, anyone own one back in the day or since? 🤔

416197082_329956220042254_3586454452043726199_n.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

On 9/11/2023 at 11:14 PM, MaximumRD said:

378187716_10161648634983109_9207233405437840186_n.jpg

I've never seen this one, either.  What's the source for it?  Some issues with it that make me think it's either not from Atari, or not shown in the U.S., or not real:

As was pointed out, the screenshot on the TV is of Pitfall, which would rule it out from coming directly from Atari.  Atari never hyphenated Atari Club, and the address shown (1265 Borregas Ave) was Atari's headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA.  The ad mentions filling out the form to join the club, but doesn't mentioned the city, state, or zip code.  The early Atari Age newsletters mention the Atari Game Club and the club and the newsletter were based in Half Moon Bay, CA.  The Atari Age magazine talks about the Atari Club (no hyphen) and was based in Philadelphia, PA.  Galaxian was released in March 1983 and was the newest game of all the others mentioned (Asteroids, Vanguard, Ms. Pac-Man, Centipede), so if this ad is real and was published somewhere, it likely would have been sometime in early 1983.

21 minutes ago, RickR said:

I know it isn't video game related, but this one sure takes me back.  Michael Landon as a spokesman for Kodak cameras.  The dude had outstanding hair. 

423248678_683877657288769_1237517807580856473_n.jpg

I had a few 110 cameras back in the day....sadly....I was not too wise when it came to photography back then lol. 🤷‍♂️😝

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison