Are you... OLD? You are if you recognize these... (add your own).

- Ω -

8 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I never had one, they were for the younger kids.

There was another model that was longer and worked more like a bicycle.  I think it's the one at the top of this picture...

ohsXhD2.jpg

8 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I had one of these as a kid, did any of you?

3Coin.JPG.39a49950e7073deff8eafc99dbc2d6b8.JPG

I've seen these but I never had one.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

On 2/2/2024 at 3:15 PM, TrekMD said:

I've seen these but I never had one.

When I was a kid they were built like tanks.  After I grew up and had kids of my own I saw them in a store and was amazed they were still made, but they were no longer as durably constructed, but I still bought one for my son anyway.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

11 hours ago, TrekMD said:

CvxTEcm.jpg

Oh wow.  My family had a TON of these, as one of my aunts was an Avon salesperson.  We had the cars, and presidential busts.  When I had to liquidate my parents' estate, I sold them all, but kept one...a Portland Trailblazer bottle that kind of looks like a trophy. 

PXL_20240210_153433619.jpg

Edited by RickR

6 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

@TrekMD I saw one of those in a store once, I could never figure out why anyone would want to buy one... BECAUSE YOU CANNOT CRASH THEM (no challenge).  It was just like an endless motion picture with a car that could go side to side.

Well, I guess if you dreamt of driving forever, that was your chance!  😁

On 2/1/2024 at 9:11 PM, TrekMD said:

Did anyone have one of these?!  I LOVED mine!

fjmpeke.jpg

I did have one...but only because what I had prior to it got stolen and apparently while they have modern remakes now, the vintage ones like I owned back then are quite expensive.. but I first had...

image.png.90c747cdae9fa11c4ec7bf6ea9e49c0c.png

A Green Machine!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

This thread... what a trip down Memory Lane ❤️

• Big Wheel -- I tried my friend's but I could never get it to work. I guess I put too much weight in my caboose when I sat in it. During the 70s, it was a must have for sure.
  • Polaroids -- during the early 80s, my friend's mom would take photos of our Risk sessions when we left the house on lunch breaks. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure why she did that. I mean, she wasn't going to mess up the board (or would she if her son was losing?) and we didn't put away the game when we went on our lunch break.

The very first non-video game purchase I made as a kid by saving my $3 weekly allowance was this -- a $50 Kodak 110 camera. I don't think it was this exact model but it looked very close. IIRC, I bought it in fourth grade. The guy at Fred Meyers wouldn't sell it to me unless I brought my parents. I understand that $50 wasn't pocket change 40+ years ago, but it was annoying anyway. In middle school, I took it with me on my week long school trip to DC.

image.png.15c9f30701104dd4993c8e4e95e016ed.png

The very first toy that I bought as a newly arrived immigrant was Pulsar and the Life Systems Center. I remember taking Pulsar to second grade class for show 'n' tell.

image.png.4318a55b5dc8afaa1935e93fc4263cae.png

I was also going to mention the ditto machine, but I see Rick already posted it.

5 hours ago, CrossBow said:

I did have one...but only because what I had prior to it got stolen and apparently while they have modern remakes now, the vintage ones like I owned back then are quite expensive.. but I first had...

image.png.90c747cdae9fa11c4ec7bf6ea9e49c0c.png

A Green Machine!

I remember that one!  A friend of mine had it!

38 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

image.png.4318a55b5dc8afaa1935e93fc4263cae.png

I was also going to mention the ditto machine, but I see Rick already posted it.

I had this one too!