Are you... OLD? You are if you recognize these... (add your own).

- Ω -

7 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I had these intercoms and really enjoyed them, until new neighbors moved in next door with a pair on the same frequency.  I ended up having to buy a new set with multiple channels.  Radio Shack.

My little brother and I would use them to chat after bedtime.  Also used them for pranks and hijinx, like suddenly buzzing a roomfull of people XD

Cheering vestry jolt now!  100%

On 1/9/2024 at 10:38 PM, TrekMD said:

A.R.T.I. is definitely great!  A very well made homebrew that expands on the original concept. 

On 1/8/2024 at 8:07 AM, sramirez2008 said:
  • Alien Brigade
  • Asteroids
  • Food Fight
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Robotron (Twin-Stick goodness)

*Note: My wife and I love to play Centipede Trak-Ball edition. You can play co-op or dual player competition, which allows you to shoot your opponent. That's nasty!

I won't list a top-five for homebrews, because its become impossible to do so. Our talented developers have made soo many good games, its hard to chose five and the five continue to change, year over year. I do feel that I have to mention Baby Pac-Man as this homebrew title is a home console exclusive. Maybe Atari can work something out with PacManPlus and get this cart re-issued for the 2600+ (which plays, via emulation 7800 games). This would make it available again to the masses. 

IMG_3042.jpg

On 1/16/2024 at 9:17 PM, TrekMD said:

That's awesome!  Congrats @Cryptocoffee13!

On 1/15/2024 at 5:53 AM, sramirez2008 said:

IMG_3174.jpeg

I had this! I absolutely loved it! I would take this outside all the time. I would have it jump over a huge remote control truck that I also used to have. 

Just now, sramirez2008 said:

My friend had a similar bike with the shifter. We were all jealous of the shifter.

my brother had one too.  3 speed, the shifter was a thumb knob though.  It got stolen, and I don't think he's ever gotten over it 🙂 

6 hours ago, RickR said:

Who had a sweet bike like this?  I had a knockoff from Montgomery Wards.  No shifter on mine though.

420887653_677097831300085_5954830678089650211_n.jpg

I did not have a bike like that!  Heck, I'm not sure I've seen one like that before!

6 hours ago, Cryptocoffee13 said:

Jaws was a fun game to play with people. 

It was! 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

6 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I was too old when these came out, but I thought they were real cool.  If I remember right it was one of the first microprocessor controlled toys for kids.

BigTrak.jpg.2395f82f12541e353b5b018c14c482bd.jpg

Oh, I remember bigtrak!  Never had it but I also thought it was one cool toy!

6 hours ago, - Ω - said:

... I did however did get this exact toy when I was 5 years old.  I loved it!

WaterRocket.jpg.b0620ebbae76d90b9a22e228d9264e84.jpg

I had this one too!  It was fun!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

4 hours ago, RickR said:

MaximumRD's status made me think about these.  These were very common back in the 70/80's, but now pretty rare to see.  Seems like every basement/rumpus room back then had one of these and a ping-pong table!

image-asset.jpeg

I’m still unsure how to play this or how score is kept. I imagine it’s a lot like Dom Jot.