Squad Challenge - Midnight Magic (Atari 2600)

Justin

New personal best:  193,675
I want to add a nitpick!  Every so often the ball comes down a return lane and manages to sort of "hover" over the flippers, regardless of the player activating said flippers, then plops right down the drain, ha!!

20240207_235053791_iOS.jpg

This score was particularly aggravating - after getting 187,000 on Ball 1, the table sank the next four balls in rapid succession.  This table hates the player and is not afraid to show it 😆

Edited by Smell Dawg
More blathering.

13 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

That's it. I'm gently putting the controller down and walking away.  Go get 'em @RickR!

I'm also throwing up the white flag because it's become too frustrating for me. I continue to lose balls in every way imaginable despite the tips posted in this thread. I don't need a game's mechanics to keep my scores low; I can stink all by myself lol.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Mayor Greenween!

Congratulations to @greenween on another definitive victory in High Score Squad Challenge! "The Mayor" @greenween takes the top spot in our Final Standings for Midnight Magic on Atari 2600 with an outstanding score of 412,185 points. Well done, Greenween! Our runner up winner for the Midnight Magic Squad Challenge is @Atari 5200 Guy who takes 2nd Place with an astounding 336,895 points! @Smell Dawg takes the 3rd spot on the board with an impressive score of 319,095 points. @Marco1019 takes 4th with 209,250, @RickR takes a hard-fought 5th with 190,380 points, and @TrekMD rounds things out in 6th Place with a solid 155,590 points.

As always I'd like to encourage @greenween to  post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! Congratulations once again to Greenween on his big win.

👉 Be sure to join @Sabertooth in Club VCS for this month's VCS Recharged Squad Challenge, BERZERK: RECHARGED on the Atari VCS!

:berzerk: Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be for Beef Drop on Atari 7800. Be there!

large.final_standings_midnight_magic_atari_2600.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif