The GOOD THINGS (that happened to you today) THREAD!

- Ω -

Sometimes life can be filled with negative things, but there are also many things that are POSITIVE and leave you with a good feeling.  We cannot dwell on the negative, but focusing on the positive things can make our lives more enjoyable.  This thread is for the POSITIVE things in life.  So, post your good happenings here!

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

A local gamer was giving away a VCR/DVD combo player and an Xbox 360 game, and I will go pick them up tomorrow morning. He's about a 45 minute drive away. The game is for another member of the local gaming community who lives near me.

I have been wanting to get a VCR to use with my 27" tube TV. Refurbished ones are $150-$200 and I've been on the fence I don't know how much I would use it. However, since this one is free, it's an easy way to see just how much use I will have for it.

Following up on my post from yesterday, the drive turned out to be closer to an hour. I forgot that he also had VHS tapes, too. Some good ones in there!

I love it when I get a chance to meet people from online groups who I’ve interacted with. While an online presence is very useful in its own right, nothing can replace that special dimension created from physical meetings. 

IMG_2404.jpeg.c5359f1bc44dd945ec8d7747892b83c9.jpeg

IMG_2402.jpeg.fa9d85cea10d0453bc7caabfb7f0466d.jpeg

Well. There’s a LOT of reasons why I haven’t been very active on here lately. My life has done a complete 180 on me.

In short, my wife passed in January. It’s alright, we were expecting it.

Since then it has been a struggle getting back on track. Last month I found a decent paying job, made an assistant manager position, bought a truck, and buying my first home. So, everyday since April I have had nothing but good things happen to me. 

I did have to sell off stuff to make ends meet before I found a job, but I am now well off and living within my means. 

I have to fix up a few things in my new home before I move in but I’m not homeless. Once that is done, I move in complete, and get settled in, I will return to play more games with you guys. For now I’m returning to a more simple way of living.

I’ll see you in the games soon.

IMG_2920.jpeg.3f99b2aa395d6aa4b6082c9f7717cb7f.jpeg
That’s what it’s supposed to look like.

IMG_2907.jpeg.3f848e408cfcf032932ec1228ce35eb7.jpegThis is what it looks like now. Previous tenants buying it destroyed it. This is going to be a fun little project.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

4 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Well. There’s a LOT of reasons why I haven’t been very active on here lately. My life has done a complete 180 on me.

In short, my wife passed in January. It’s alright, we were expecting it.

Regardless, I am still sorry to hear this BUT glad things have turned around and hope things continue to improve for you every day. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

13 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

This is what it looks like now. Previous tenants buying it destroyed it. This is going to be a fun little project.

Supposed.jpg.e0cd03a398810068276ed38cfc1e63e9.jpg

Current.jpg.f2c5fdedba52efe93a3a7090872e3be9.jpg

I've never understood how people can be so destructive.  Anyway, I'm with @RickR, I love this kind of stuff and would love to see what it looks like when you are finished.  Congratulations on the new digs.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

It looks kind of like they were trying to renovate but ran out of time/money/knowledge to finish the job.  I see that a lot on various HGTV shows, and it is interesting stuff.  The good news is that @Atari 5200 Guywill have the chance to choose the finishes he likes the best and make the space his own. 

Best wishes.  I'm very excited for you on this project. 

1 hour ago, RickR said:

It looks kind of like they were trying to renovate but ran out of time/money/knowledge to finish the job.  I see that a lot on various HGTV shows, and it is interesting stuff.  The good news is that @Atari 5200 Guywill have the chance to choose the finishes he likes the best and make the space his own. 

Best wishes.  I'm very excited for you on this project. 

I actually wish that was the case but it made it easy for me to obtain. The landlord just wanted it off his hands.

The previous tenant was buying it but never moved in. She let a homeless person stay here and he had five dogs. It wasn’t renovation, they destroyed it. There is not a single wall without holes in it. 

I figured it would give me something to do when I’m off work. I can do a little here and there. I don’t think it’s a bad purchase for $5k.

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

Supposed.jpg.e0cd03a398810068276ed38cfc1e63e9.jpg

Current.jpg.f2c5fdedba52efe93a3a7090872e3be9.jpg

I've never understood how people can be so destructive.  Anyway, I'm with @RickR, I love this kind of stuff and would love to see what it looks like when you are finished.  Congratulations on the new digs.

I absolutely love the kitchen area!

It’s a 1985 model. 60 x 14. It gave good vibes every time I came to look it over before buying it. My last visit I didn’t want to leave. 

The central air/heat is only 2 years old. The floor is not perfectly level but I’ll manage. It gives a cabin vibe that way.

I already have new carpet and vinyl to lay. I’m just waiting for the power to be turned on.

Well, there's some sad and good news, but I hope I caught it in time. It's about my cat. She has kidney failure. But, the good news is I think I got her to the vet in time. She's not out of the woods yet, but she is feeling better from this morning. I took her to the vet, and she is feeling better after the visit. She was dehydrated and hungry (she wouldn't eat because of the kidney damage), but the vet gave her fluids and a appetite enhancer. She perked up. She is eating again and feeling better. I need to take her in Monday morning for a stay in the animal hospital for two days. I think, though, I caught it in time. She is eating and feeling OK at the moment. She needs kidney dialysis (diuresis), but I can help her with that. By the way, she's 16-17 years old, so she's elderly.

I want to extend her happy life a little more. So, that is my good news for the day. I have faith she will pull through. Thanks.

Edited by DegasElite

5 hours ago, - Ω - said:

My honey made me a homemade German Chocolate Cake with raspberry filling for my birthday today!

Cake.png.0d32c4309694f1b6b682aae623b27c4e.png

YUM!

Looks so tasty! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison