Post Your Pictures - Intellivsion Collections

RickR

I honestly thought I had it and was looking forward to playing it!! I love the flip open boxes that came with these games. Maybe that's why they're so easy to find CIB?

Yeah, the Intellivision gatefold boxes are good quality and lasted quite a while.   Also the attached controllers and power cord means you usually find the old Model 1s good to go.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Cool, dealing with a broken left wrist right now so that might have to wait a bit! Trying to decide which is better, Demon Attack on Int. or Atari! Both are great. Grew up on the 2600 version so it's the one I'm familiar with. Love the way the enemies spawn and the ships separating into 2, plus very tight controls. However, the Intelliversion has much better colors, backgrounds and having a Boss battle completely caught me by surprise!! So far I love them both but think the 2600 version slightly wins!! :)

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

You guys, I just scored an Intellivision 2!  It's really dirty, but it seems to work great.  I got it from ebay -- and the seller was Goodwill in Seattle.  The power adapter is really trashed (wire has been cut, connector is really messed up), but I have a spare, and I will fix the one that came with it properly. 

First impression:  The RF signal on this thing is amazing.  LOOK at that picture quality!  I'm very impressed.  And the controllers...I've heard they were worse than the original controllers...but I like them...a lot.  They are thicker and easier to hold.  And the disc feels more like a gamepad than the old controllers.  Well, I've got some cleaning to do, and I'll post a pic again once I get it shiny. 

I do need someone to explain the power/reset button on this thing.  How do you turn it off? 

post-41-0-61225500-1487979395_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-72522000-1487979397_thumb.jpg

You guys, I just scored an Intellivision 2!  It's really dirty, but it seems to work great.  I got it from ebay -- and the seller was Goodwill in Seattle.  The power adapter is really trashed (wire has been cut, connector is really messed up), but I have a spare, and I will fix the one that came with it properly. 

First impression:  The RF signal on this thing is amazing.  LOOK at that picture quality!  I'm very impressed.  And the controllers...I've heard they were worse than the original controllers...but I like them...a lot.  They are thicker and easier to hold.  And the disc feels more like a gamepad than the old controllers.  Well, I've got some cleaning to do, and I'll post a pic again once I get it shiny. 

I do need someone to explain the power/reset button on this thing.  How do you turn it off? 

Hold it down for several seconds to turn it off.

Tap to Reset.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

And here she is in final cleaned-up shape.  There's a bit of discoloration on top, but no big deal.  The power adapter has been rewired the right way.  Everything works great.  One question -- Is there a secret to getting the controller wires in to the controllers fit in the slots?  Were controller slots EVER a good idea? 

post-41-0-78891300-1488045035_thumb.jpg

Can also use a Sega Genesis model 2 power supply on these. That is how I played my Inty II. Literally ran it for 10 hours non-stop for an entire day without any issues and it still works strong today when I fire it up. Near as I can tell, the Inty II does the same thing the NES does. Basically takes an AC current and delivers a smaller AC voltage and current to the console. The power board in the console then can invert this to the DC needed by the system.

As a result, you can use an actual AC to DC supply and save the inverter inside the trouble. Hence why you can also use a Genny model 1 or SMS power supply to power a NES without issue.

Just thought that might be handy to those with Inty IIs and don't have the original funky AC adapter. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections