The 2019 Retro Swap Box

nosweargamer

Here is what I took.

First of all, I feel that this Elmo's 123's was put in there specifically for me by NSG.  If so, THANK YOU.  It looks good next to my Elmos' ABC's.  And it reminds me of my oldest child when he was a toddler.  Priceless.

1652895221_junkbox004.thumb.JPG.cf7c613fcdf45972641339a0cd565113.JPG

And here's the bulk of what I took.  I feel like the PSP games were in there for me, and I thank you, mystery giver, for them!  Does anyone else collect for PSP? 

1522826147_junkbox003.thumb.JPG.aaa0921d9309614a615ffdf5a6399824.JPG

I really agonized over the Wico 5200 stick.  It's so cool, but I feel selfish for taking it.  At the same time, it took up a lot of real estate in the box!  NSG or Willie, if one of you would like it, I'm happy to ship it to you separately. 

The football homebrew is so cool!  It's a 2600 version of the Mattel handheld football.  In case you don't know, I'm the weird gamer that really loves sports games.  So that game and the SNES baseball will be played a lot. 

I also hogged the 2600 games, figuring Willie and NSG probably already had them.  The boxes are a little rough, but I really dig the price tags.  Activision Skiing is a game in which I earned the patch, so having a boxed copy is really nice.

Oooh, and an NSG card pack.  I'm hoping for a few Oregon Duck players in there!

Below is some stuff I took mostly to get the space for more games in the box.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if anyone wants any of this, I'm happy to ship it separately.  Given that, the Star Trek book will be read and enjoyed, I promise.  And I really like the ESPN movies.  And the multi-system cable is handy.

1017054485_junkbox002.thumb.JPG.bf54fbc86101c96a36ec33b600ad4216.JPG

899591615_junkbox008.thumb.JPG.91ea9d23290a9e5b2292cf7d2515fec2.JPG

Lastly, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you.  Especially NSG for hosting the box.  It really is a lot of fun. 

The box is stuffed full again, and I'll get it out to Willie as soon as I can. 

Edited by RickR

14 hours ago, Willie! said:

Phil is next on the list right?  If so, I already have his address and can get the retro swap box on its way :)

Yes I am!

Did you find anything in the box you liked and kept?🙁

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

The Box Has Finished It's Journey! Here's what I put in, and what was in the box when it came back:

Thank You @TrekMD @correagonzalez @chas10e @RickR @Willie! !!!

Please post pics or a video of what you put into the box.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

This is my list which I put in the box, I had some pictures but I deleted them by mistake.

Terminator 2 genesis

Cyborg justice genesis

Baseball nes

Fat Albert Atari 2600

Midway collection PS2

Gravitrex for vectrex

Tmnt DVD season 5

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Edited by correagonzalez

2 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

I didn't see who took them, but Young Justice was a solid show.

I was wondering the same thing.  It IS a damn good show.  The third season is now on the DC streaming service and it continues to be fantastic.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

I just got back from Pinburg 2019 sorry for delay ( no I didn't win any tournaments this year ... mebbe next year )

I put in

• a Sears Pong controller
  • multi console AV cable
  • GB games: Super Mario 2; Yoshi; Dr. Mario
  • GBA games: Series of Unfortunate Events; Super MArio Advance; Finding Nemo; Mamco Museum; (think) Midways Classics? ; Yoshi's Island; Mario Kart Super Circuit
  • DS game Mario Kart DS
  • Atari 2600games  Skiing cib Mouse Trap cib ( could have been nibbled by a mouse :P ) Synth Kart; Blip Football
  • a Wico stick for 5200

IMG_1843.JPG