Fun or silly pictures / photos of you back in the day.

MaximumRD

Dug this up just now and thought this might make for something different. 

Post a photo / picture / image that you are in showing something silly, fun, retro etc. 

I'll kick off with this one - 

Here's me at 16 getting a promo Polaroid picture before seeing JAWS. Honestly, I love this shot and there is as far as I am concerned only one embarrassing thing about it, IT WAS FOR JAWS 3 ! 😂🙄

13443077_10154425566493109_8933556249900887571_o.jpg.f482cb6df6a4ebeeaf438aef0e37f094.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

It DID occur to me lack of participation may be down to many not having photos / Polaroids in digital format available for posting and no easily accessible scanner to consider doing so and with that in mind just a thought........

These days for the most part one could likely use a tablet or phone camera as these are so common to just take a picture of an original photo or Polaroid, MY image I started with was actually just taken with an older tablet camera of a Polaroid. IF any of you have a photo in mind consider that method, just be wary of reflective light and FOCUS as much as possible, I think you might be surprised how easily this can be done. I am considering doing some more of my own this way 😛

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

😛

Well I will post one more, I tried but I guess not many will put themselves out there or laugh at themselves (THANKS to few who participated), that's cool, I tried and in that same spirit this next post shows I am totally willing to be laughed at. I will leave it at that, this thread can just die off or whatever. 

---- BUT FIRST A MESSAGE ----- NO RAT(S) WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS 30+ YEAR OLD IMAGE, THOUGH

THEY MAY HAVE ENDURED SOME MOISTURE 😉

😜 ME back in my teens, yep that is real, my pet RAT JD, if I say he did not bite me on occasion I would be lying, if I said I did not deserve it.....I would also be lying....SIDE NOTE, an old iPhone 4 makes an awesome fast scanner for old photos 😛😆 Last word, besides silly shenanigans like this they my rats (JD and MARTY, MARTY WAS ALL WHITE) were played with a lot, feed pizza or whatever I was snacking on etc. They were fun. 😎 they fact I could even DO this was due to their, perhaps misplaced TRUST. 

IMG_0281.JPG.c7ea1a0121af148bb757b5fe3c1198eb.JPG

- M. Bison

I don't have many photos of me back in the day because I've always have been and still am the one behind the camera 📷 🙂 Regardless, finding silly photos of me is a bit of a challenge. Here's one from early 2017 just before I left Amazon. It's was considered a huge get for the company to add HBO as a channel on Prime Video. The throne was making the rounds and people got in line to take a photo. Here's me trying to strike the King Conan pose.

IMG_5296.jpeg

Edited by socrates63

Here is a picture of me modeling the BEST TIE EVER!  It would have been 1995 or so and it is one of the few things that I actually bought from Spencer's Gifts (usually we would just go in there and laugh at the novelty stuff).  This picture was from before I knew how to tie a tie and it shows.

MeInSpockTie.jpeg

I had a tie like that when I worked at a movie theater in high school. They allowed us to choose which ties we wanted to wear with our uniforms, and we were able to replace them / get new ones every six months as they would often get a little worn and stained with popcorn earl etc. I had two ties, the first was a Spock tie,  possibly that very same one, and my second was a Darth Vader tie.

:startrek_spock_beamout:

50 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

I think this is the first time that I've seen a Star Trek tie 👍 I have a couple of Looney Tunes ties that USPS sold many many years ago.

I think that I still have a sheet of those loony tunes stamps!  I am fairly sure that I at least have the display one for Bugs that came with the big sticker to frame it.  If I can find them I will post them. 

I am very happy that I still have my Spock tie - I haven't really seen anything like it since.  It is a bit faded, but still great!

IMG_20200817_102712710.jpg

I just saw a video tonight where James Wolfe was discussing the Famicom and how the Japanese would sit close to the TV with the video game system pulled out on the floor closer to them, so many controllers were hardwired and quite short in length. Then he said that "remember this was the 80s and even Atari had short controller cables". That never once occurred to me.

20 hours ago, Justin said:

I had a tie like that when I worked at a movie theater in high school. They allowed us to choose which ties we wanted to wear with our uniforms, and we were able to replace them / get new ones every six months as they would often get a little worn and stained with popcorn earl etc. I had two ties, the first was a Spock tie,  possibly that very same one, and my second was a Darth Vader tie.

:startrek_spock_beamout:

My first job was also at a Movie Theater!  We didn't have to wear ties though - our uniform was basically a white button up shirt and then they gave us a vest to wear.  When I got to be a projectionist - there was no uniform required 🙂

5 hours ago, MaliciousCarp said:

My first job was also at a Movie Theater!  We didn't have to wear ties though - our uniform was basically a white button up shirt and then they gave us a vest to wear.  When I got to be a projectionist - there was no uniform required 🙂

Our uniforms were Star Trek-based, beyond just the tie. We all wore black pants with black boots/shoes, and then Red, Turquoise, or Yellow shirts depending on our position, with gold name badges. I was a red shirt ☺️ And we all wore ties. It wasn't blatantly a Star Trek uniform, but the same TNG/DS9-era color coding and gold badges were obvious to a fan like me. I'll see if I can dig up an old photo.

Even our projectionists wore nice uniforms, they were Turquoise.